Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    sagoshawn

Don't Be Satisfied with Satisfied Customers

Why shouldn’t you be satisfied with a satisfied customer? Let me get right to the point and share some facts with you. According to a study conducted by two professors, (Zahorak and Rust), from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee up to 40% of satisfied customers do not go back to the places of business where they have been satisfied with the service. Let that sink in for a moment… Nearly half of all satisfied customers don’t go back to the business that satisfied them. So what makes customers return?

I recently relocated my family and we hired a company to move our belongings. If you’ve moved recently, you know it is one of the most stressful things we do as human beings. Not only did the movers load the furniture and move it from point “A” to point “B” without breaking anything, but they did some little things like, assemble the dining room table and put a screw in just the right place to hold the vanity mirror securely. They lowered our stress levels by sharing their well-thought plan for our move and kept us informed along the way. They provided personal cell phone numbers for use during the trek, in case we got separated on the way, which we did. This kind of emergency plan is often overlooked because everyone assumes things will go right. These movers went beyond their roles of furniture movers and made an impression as caring service providers.

Of all the places to spend your money, you will most likely stay with the service providers who deliver what they promise with a little extra like, great service that exceeds your expectations. The most important factor in providing great service is the person providing the service. You know, “service with a smile.” If you are in a competitive business, you need to understand that having satisfied customers creates vulnerability, because they may just try another company and be impressed by their representatives. You have to exceed a customer’s expectations and constantly be improving on what already may be great.

If what you sell is awesome, but your service is so-so, then the best you can expect is mediocrity and eventually failure as your competition comes along and takes care of the customers by giving better service. I say be like the guys who moved my family and go beyond typical levels of customer service and impress your customers. The owner of that moving company was very smart to hire those guys. They are the reason I will go back and the reason I will refer others to that moving company.

Don’t be satisfied with satisfied customers. Whether you’re the company owner, the President, the Sales Manager, an Account Manager or billing personnel, set your bar higher and demand demanding customers - ones that need and appreciate you. Be honest and build relationships. Have you ever noticed how hard it is to say, “Goodbye” to a friend, especially a really good one? Impress your customers and you will not only keep more of them, they will help you attract the kind of customers you’ll want to keep forever.

Resources:
    Hyken, Shep. “ Building Customer Loyalty,” [www.hyken.com], no date

So once your customers get satisfied - web hosting provider get unsatisfied... Strange. It is good that it is not vice versa

Hi

How to say “Goodbye” to the customer? because they are only important for all companies.

To bad a lot of hosting companies won't actually even bother to update their services and stuff... Some companies when you leave, they send you a link to do a customer survey to see how they did. That's a good idea right there. If they don't bother to look at it, then it defeats the whole entire purpose of it. But the companies that do are the ones most likely to get better and more clients. Some huge companies won't even bother because they got like thousands and thousands of clients willing to pay for their service no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand1324 View Post
    To bad a lot of hosting companies won't actually even bother to update their services and stuff... Some companies when you leave, they send you a link to do a customer survey to see how they did. That's a good idea right there. If they don't bother to look at it, then it defeats the whole entire purpose of it. But the companies that do are the ones most likely to get better and more clients. Some huge companies won't even bother because they got like thousands and thousands of clients willing to pay for their service no matter what.
    I agree with you. not all but most hosting services are kind of lazy when their customer increase by day.

Dont Be Satisfied with Satisfied Customers

There are so many bad providers out there probably more bad than good, sadly and I was thinking about why people stay with these bad providers.

I would hope that if a provider was providing horrible service that their clients would at some point become fed-up with it and migrate to another host that can more reliably meet their needs but this doesnt really seem to be the case.

There are bad hosts that are constantly attracting more and more customers and what is really bad is that they have so many customers that they really dont care whether a few leave here or there.

What keeps you on a bad host if you have stayed on one in the past, or are on one now? Are you fearful of the transfer process and/or additional downtime or what is it that keeps you tied to a bad provider?

Quote Originally Posted by Vec&sec View Post
    So once your customers get satisfied - web hosting provider get unsatisfied... Strange. It is good that it is not vice versa

I would hope that if a provider was providing horrible service that their clients would at some point become fed-up with it and migrate to another host that can more reliably meet their needs but this doesnt really seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by mumlaxbu View Post
    I share your point of view. No one will agree to move from server to server often
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Hi,

Yes, No one will agree to move from server to server often. Its risk process.

Regards,
    Cornell.
    Last edited by cornell; 01-21-2010 at 08:03 AM.

Hello,
    OK but for what you are saying not be satisfied with satisfied customers.
    "Want to get-on Google's first page in 48 hours and flood your site with traffic?
    Try Traffic Geyser, the internet's #1 video marketing software at Traffic Geyser "

I agree with you. not all but most hosting services are kind of lazy when their customer increase by day.

Look satisfaction is the main reason why we are unsuccessful.
    "Want to get-on Google's first page in 48 hours and flood your site with traffic?
    Try Traffic Geyser, the internet's #1 video marketing software at Traffic Geyser "

Ofcourse you have to keep on improving even if your customer are satisfied.

Once you are done with the improvisation, there is a high chance that your customer finds something better and switch over to it.

That's why we have to follow up with our customers even if everything is working like it should be. In these way we can received any positive or negative feedback that help us to determine were we need to improve.
    Web Hosting Services - Easy and Affordable
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee - Free Site Builder
    24/7/365 Technical Support

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast