Is this for real?

I saw this in the news today:

"Although it's less expensive to locate them in the U.S.," explained President of Cyber Host Pro, Chris Danks, "virtually all of the companies whose web sites we host are based in the UK or Europe. With the servers now located here, they'll start to get much better results from Google and other searches."
    Danks explained that one of the criteria search engines use in ranking search results is the IP address of the Web site. If the server hosting the site is in the U.S., it will have a U.S. IP address and the first search results will be geographically skewed to North America.

Ias this for real?

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Search engines do use the IP as ONE of the algorithms when ranking/returning search results, that said there are many other factors that the search engines take into consideration when returning natural search engine results.

I recommend making sure you have your geographical location within your contact us page/form as this can help identify where your business is located.

I believe that no one knows how SE works. So do not waste your time guys.

I think that if you are looking to be sucessful in SE better to use the common methods.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Thanks for your sharing nice links.
    web promotion and web development services lowest cost only at seo material.

hmm based from my observation that is for real..

I have seen that I rank on some terms in asia that I am not even in the top 1000 in the US. When I've dug into this, it is because the links to my site are from that part of the world. So, yes, I've seen first hand how IP location (geo) has an impact on rankings in different parts of the world.
    Professional Fortune 100 Search Engine Marketing. White SEO with full transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by Vec&sec View Post
    I believe that no one knows how SE works. So do not waste your time guys.
    That's the fact. No body know how it works.

That's the fact. No body know how it works.
    I know people which are in and I would like to say that it is not time wasting. SEO will bring good dividends
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Here Here ServerPoint!

Keep the faith

Quote Originally Posted by ~ServerPoint~ View Post
    I know people which are in and I would like to say that it is not time wasting. SEO will bring good dividends

That is mostly right. If you are based in UK and want to get higher rank in google.co.uk, hosting in UK is one of the things that should help.
    Looking for Cloud Hosting? Get some MediaTemple Coupons
    Shared Hosting? Get some MyHosting Promo Code Or Hostmonster Coupon

Thank you for sharing