Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

affiliate vs reselling

So which is better to start from - reselling or affiliate program?

Well it depends, do you just want to earn money for the summer or want to pursue hosting as your bread and butter?

If its the former, then the affiliate system would work best, most affiliate systems are one-time payments depending on the referrals. Some affiliate systems pay recurring, like LiquidWeb.com

If its the latter, you need to put more effort because you need to take care of the billing and support for the client. But the upside is that you have more control over the quality of the service and the payout percentages are higher and recurring. But the most important thing is that you will get valuable experience; may be one day you want to open your own shop?

I would recommend resellers program, affiliates wont really give you any experience.

Depends on what you have before start:
    if well trafficated web site - that means you'd better go with affiliate programm
    if you ahve nothing and have some marketing skills - go with reseller account.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Reselling is more time-cosuming than affiliate programs, I think if you don't want to spend a lot of time it's affiliate that you should go for.
    I think that Simplehelix.com offers one of the best affiliate terms today.Hostgator.com is doing great with their affiliate programs as well, their affiliates are rather active at forums.
    https://www.simplehelix.com/hosting/affiliates.php

With affiliate you do not risk and with reseller you do.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting

Reseller program needs more serious efforts than affiliate, and thus, as Serverpoint said, you risk. But if everything is done correctly - the risk will turn into income.

Affiliate program incomes totally depend on you.

I'd prefer to risk but have great success/ or even failure, than not to risk and have tiny incomes.

Affiliate is easy to start with and once you get good success over there you may consider to go for reseller too.

affiliate is easy and there is no investment for that ..where as reseller needs investment

I do not agree.... With affiliate programm you need to do some efforts on the your own web site developing and promoting and that is not really easy sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoster View Post
    Reseller program needs more serious efforts than affiliate, and thus, as Serverpoint said, you risk. But if everything is done correctly - the risk will turn into income.

Affiliate program incomes totally depend on you.

I'd prefer to risk but have great success/ or even failure, than not to risk and have tiny incomes.
    I'd prefer to risk too as it is more to my nature.
    Reselling is appealing for me always.
    The main thing is to choose the right company with in-house support.
    I consider you should look at SharkSpace.com, ResellerZoom.com and A2hosting.com.
    They offer reselling on nice conditions.

A second thought: If you've good local network you can start direct reselling.

if you are going to reseller i would look at hostgator or innohosting for your solution, i'm using hostgator as a reseller and i've heard a lot of good things about innohosting. I would avoid resellerzoom.
    Hostgator Coupon & Rebate - Save $up to $116 with 25% Coupon & Win a $50 Amazon Gift Card
    Lunarpages Coupon & Rebate - Save up to $116 coupon code: LPSave15 & $50 rebate offer

I think that in this thread the choise of the company not as important as chopice between affiliate and reseller

For a new comer affiliate is easy to start with least investment and getting profit from the first sale. Using reselling it need more investment and takes more time to get the investment and profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Reselling is more time-cosuming than affiliate programs, I think if you don't want to spend a lot of time it's affiliate that you should go for.
    I think that Simplehelix.com offers one of the best affiliate terms today.Hostgator.com is doing great with their affiliate programs as well, their affiliates are rather active at forums.
    https://www.simplehelix.com/hosting/affiliates.php
    Can you tell me more about SimpleHelix.com affiliate program?
    I know that are good in providing shared hosting high multi-featured plans but know nothing about affiliates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast