How to check website hosting server?

Hi,

i want to check hosting server of websites but i do not know where and which tool i use to check it, if anyone know please share some ideas to check hosting server of websites.

Registered User GardnerBulkeley's Avatar
    What exactly do you mean by checking server? What do you want to check?
    eUKhost : UK Web hosting | eNlight Cloud Hosting | Linux VPS hosting | UK Dedicated Hosting
    Join the Best Web Hosting Affiliate Program for Free & Earn up to £400!!

Do you mean to check what is the server IP where your website is hosted ?

Clear your question.what do you want to know?Not sure about your domain host?

There are many tools to find the host of a website like who.is and whoishostingthis.com
    vpswebserver.com - Windows VPS hosting by VPSWebServer.com √ Dedicated hardware √ MS Hyper-V technology

if you need hosting company of of a website then you can check it on who.is

Hi,

thanks for joining this thread and sharing your experience with me with your helpful posts.

who.is

this is the best site for doing that

you have to search on internet search engine about check server who host the site. there you will get websites who check for the hosting server of the websites url being provided. Thanks ..

You can check it here, Whois.com

Quote Originally Posted by stefijain View Post
    Hi,

i want to check hosting server of websites but i do not know where and which tool i use to check it, if anyone know please share some ideas to check hosting server of websites.
    So many tools and online site available to explore about site's details including hosting name.And I am using whatismyipaddress.com to check IP and hosting related query.

The best way to find the company hosting your website is to find out who you are paying. You may want to search through your email for keywords such as “nameserver,” “hosting,” “account,” and “payment” to locate any email you received from your hosting company.
    If you can’t find any correspondence, try looking at your bank and credit card statements. Any payments made to your hosting provider will appear there.
    If you still can’t find any information, there are public resources you can use to make an educated guess about which company hosts your website.

Try this who.is may be it will help you.

you can check domain registrar using who.is but you can't check the hosting company details using who.is or using any other site

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis B. Wyant View Post
    So many tools and online site available to explore about site's details including hosting name.And I am using whatismyipaddress.com to check IP and hosting related query.
    Thanks for sharing this information,mine is Whois.com to check the server name and location.
    Last edited by Brianlara; 08-05-2013 at 02:34 AM.