1PlanHost.com DEAD! ???? Anyone Else?

1PlanHost.com is dead for me, is it just this provider or is there a major network outage somewhere that has taken them off? They guarantee 100% uptime and have been excellent for the last 6 months but are unaccessible now.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Shouldn't be...

1 Plan is pretty active on this board. I expect they will get back to you on your post unless they really are down.

I checked their web site and it is up. Perhaps a router went down between you and them or they got hit with a DDoS or something...

Working fine for me..my two sites below host by 1planhost
    Travel guide the ultimate world travel guide

1PlanHost
    Hi

As you have noticed, the network of 1PlanHost.com has been experiencing technical issues which have caused either temporary outages or slow response times on the servers. The issue we believe is related to a distributed denial of service attack (DDOS) and all evidence points to that conclusion thus far. We have over the past several years provided uptime rates have been outstanding and are committed to providing reliable and secure web hosting services.

Rest assured that our entire technical team have been working hard on resolving this issue as quickly as humanly possible and will continue to work around the clock until it has been resolved. We will send an email to all customers again once the issue has been totally resolved.

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we address this issue. Once the issue is resolved any customer of ours can request compensation to their account under our 100% uptime guarantee policy.

Thank you,

Ok, I'll relax a little. When I posted 1PlanHost was totally inacessable both for their own home page or my pages (I tried 3 different computers from 2 different locations) and their office phone was on answering machine as it was about 4:20 central and they close at 5:00 eastern. I couldn't even start a trouble ticket.

Things have been better today but access to e-mail is very poor...lots and lots of timeouts and errors.

I believe I'm in good hands and hope this is sorted out soon. I miss the way it used to be. (smoooth)

1PlanHost
    You are most assuredly in good hands Stroper and we appreciate your patience as we delt with the DDoS attack head on. All issues, including the email issue have been resolved and we will be notifying customers of this later today. Massive DDoS attacks are impossible to prevent or stop but our top of the line firewall system is designed to prevent any damage to the network or servers. The issues you saw recently with temporary outages or slow speeds were due to our firewall system doing what it was designed to do (protect the network) and our detailed assessment shows it performed very well.

Now back to the "smooth" service you have come to rightfully expect from 1PlanHost.com

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

Thanks for your honest and informative explanation. It's a shame you have to deal with such matters but I'm glad you were prepared.

me 2
    my website is down for several days now !!! and i sent 2 tickets but no response until now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stroper View Post
    They guarantee 100% uptime and have been excellent for the last 6 months but are unaccessible now.
    You know there's something wrong when a host is offering 100% uptime.

Any way, as you have seen, they have broken their guarantee, and I suggest you take your business elsewhere.
    Last edited by darkestnight; 04-05-2007 at 11:16 AM.

the thread is two years old. see the thread start date. some information may not be update.
    Travel guide the ultimate world travel guide

i think that 1planhost server has been hacked ..!
    check the knowedgemeny page !! all the topics are "mehdisk4 hacker pirate "

https://www.1planhost.com/esupport/i...=knowledgebase