Thread: backup again

backup again

What kind of backup do you or does your hosting company use?
    Globaltap.com offers disk-to-disk backup.
    I think it's the most effective way of backup and what about you?

Where on shared account or on VPS?
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

depends on what needs to be backupped (?). We have a 'standard' solution with nfs/ftp/rsync, but a solution from R1Soft would ofcourse be very nice
    kdissservers.com | dedicated servers from The Netherlands

We at JaguarPC are using R1Soft for our customers/servers backups and quite satisfied with its performance, lower i/o waits , bare metal restores , centralized management are just few factors which convinced us to go for R1Soft backup solutions.
    Start with us, stay with us. Your end-to-end managed solutions provider since 1998
    JaguarPC.com - Semi-dedicated Failover Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    Wowvps.com - VPS Node Wholesalers | Unmanaged Xen VPS powered by VsControl

Think disk-to-disk backup that globaltap.com offers is the most effective and popular way of backing up databases among the web masters.
    How much does this services cost?

Quote Originally Posted by grimlins View Post
    Think disk-to-disk backup that globaltap.com offers is the most effective and popular way of backing up databases among the web masters.
    How much does this services cost?
    It costs $0.50 per GB per month. I have found this info on globaltap.com web site.
    Think it's not expensive at all.

To backup I use my own PC. Whatever do they offer, I shall trust only myself.

Disk to disk backup is the best backup method. Assuming that is commonly used by many web hosting providers
    MicroVPS.com - Virtuozzo VPS 256MB RAM/20GB HDD/300GB Bandwidth starting from $19.95/month

Sounds like a bit of self promotion. Probably I am wrong.. still..
    Looking for Cloud Hosting? Get some MediaTemple Coupons
    Shared Hosting? Get some MyHosting Promo Code Or Hostmonster Coupon

we use bqinternet. At a first glance you wouldn't think nothing of it; however, they are affordable at only $20.00 per 100 GB. In addition, they are on the complete other side of the country from our servers.

You know I have seen nice backup offers from razorservers.com, their backup is a multi-platform, robust and secure client software that works with the server software, for offsite backup of critical databases and files.

R1soft CDP. This has saved my personal projects hours of time. Can go in, select one file and its restored in about 30 seconds.

Regards
    Jarrod
    Webzooloo.com
    LA Premium Dedicated Servers
    Contact me for a quote!

Regular backups to your own PC should be made, atleast once in every week. R1Soft is indeed a great backup software for the hosting, very reliable, and easy to restore as well.
    ------------
    hzSari | HostingZoom.com
    ModVPS.com | ResellerZoom.com
    Power Speed Reliability

what type of back up.....? do you mean back up from pc or anything else........?