Microsoft Exchange Hosting

I hope someone can help me. My company can not afford to maintain our mail servers anymore. It has been a bad year and I am wondering if there is a cheaper alternative. Can anyone recommend a 3rd party to host our exchange servers? Will our users microsoft outlook still work with a 3rd party? Will our email be secure? Are we on dedicated or shared hosting? I think that covers my first round of questions! Thanks!

Anyone can help me?

I don't have any idea about this dear, sorry I can't help you.

I decided my problem
    It is a simple process:

Create new mail accounts on third party server.
    Connect new accounts to your existing users outlook.
    change MX records for mail domain to point to new mail server. Once mail is coming in to your new server then:

Drag and drop mail from old account to new account. you should be able to drag and drop calendar entries and contacts as well.

disable old mail account.
    once all of the user accounts have been disabled and you have verified that everything is working properly on new server, you can uninstall exchange from your old server.

I decided my problem
    It is a simple process:

Create new mail accounts on third party server.
    Connect new accounts to your existing users outlook.
    change MX records for mail domain to point to new mail server. Once mail is coming in to your new server then:

Drag and drop mail from old account to new account. you should be able to drag and drop calendar entries and contacts as well.

disable old mail account.
    once all of the user accounts have been disabled and you have verified that everything is working properly on new server, you can uninstall exchange from your old server.

Microsoft Exchange is the world's leading corporate email platform. Hostway is ready to help your business achieve its messaging goals by combining our service platform (SiteControl) with Microsoft enterprise software for maximum performance, availability, and flexibility.

Email is a mission-critical communications tool that allows people to efficiently interact. Everyone expects efficient access—to email, calendars, attachments, contacts, and more—no matter where they are or what type of mobile device they use.

pertsonqal traner

Microsoft Exchange is the world's leading corporate email platform. Hostway is ready to help your business achieve its messaging goals by combining our service platform (SiteControl) with Microsoft enterprise software for maximum performance, availability, and flexibility.

Email is a mission-critical communications tool that allows people to efficiently interact. Everyone expects efficient access—to email, calendars, attachments, contacts, and more—no matter where they are or what type of mobile device they use.

Say yes to Microsoft Exchange and no to the cost and headaches of managing it. Our deep Microsoft hosting knowledge is just one reason we're a leading Exchange provider. Plus, with Hosted Exchange 2016 at Rackspace you get huge 100GB mailboxes and 50MB attachments.

Hosted business services, including hosted Microsoft (News - Alert) Exchange Server, enable businesses to take advantage of the latest technology and reduce costs at the same time.

Microsoft Exchange Server is a mail server and calendaring server developed by Microsoft. It runs exclusively on Windows Server operating systems.

Exchange Server was initially Microsoft's internal mail server. The first version of Exchange Server to be published outside Microsoft was Exchange Server 4.0. Exchange initially used the X.400 directory service but switched to Active Directory later. Versions 4.0 and 5.0 came bundled with an email client called Microsoft Exchange Client. It was discontinued in favor of Microsoft Outlook.

Exchange Server uses a proprietary protocol called MAPI. Over time, however, it added support for POP3, IMAP, SMTP, and EAS.

Exchange Server is licensed both in the forms of on-premises software and software as a service. In the on-premises form, customer purchase client access licenses (CALs). In the software as a service form, Microsoft receives a monthly service fee instead (see Microsoft Office 365).

Quote Originally Posted by nouman View Post

WOW! Thankyou! this is the first time I have seen this explained simply and with reasonable detail

Hosted Exchange is a service in the telecommunications industry whereby a provider makes a Microsoft e-mail box and space available on a server so its clients can host their data on the server. The provider manages the hosted data of its clients on the server.

Hosted Exchange is a service in the telecommunications industry whereby a provider makes a Microsoft email box and space available on a server so its clients can host their data on the server. The provider manages the hosted data of its clients on the server.