Beware AIT... Bad experience

My website was hosted at AIT since 1999 and later the domain was registered by AIT Domains. Due to a spam attack or some corruption an e-mail account got a "Pop Lock", my account was over limit and they wanted $300.00. I mainly use the site for e-bay picture hosting and e-mail, small time, no e-commerce or movies or downloads. When they wouldn't budge I changed hosting providers. That was 6 months ago but I didn't change registrars as I had several years left. Today my site is dead, no e-mail and a whois on my site = legal@ait.com. When I looked at their terms of service I found the following:

Data Transfer
    When a customer exceeds their allotment, AIT typically charges $99 per 40GB of additional data transfer.

Further, in the event of default, AIT may act, in its sole discretion, as Customer's Attorney-in-Fact to execute actions or proceedings in connection with this Agreement, including, but not limited to, selling or otherwise disclosing Customer data and/or the Registered Name registration.

Suggestions anyone?
    Last edited by Stroper; 04-29-2005 at 02:07 AM.

Have you discussed with AIT yet?
    Travel guide the ultimate world travel guide

I called but it was "after hours" for the department I needed to speak with.

This morning I find I'm not the first.

"AITSUCKS.COM/AITSUCKS.NET is designed, hosted, and maintained by a former AIT customer that - after years of horrid service and unbelievable billing errors - finally wised up and cancelled in January, 2002. 8 months after leaving AIT, the hosting company STOLE my domain name!"

http://www.aitsucks.net/