Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I have personal experience with agoracart (agoracart.com) and recommend it. It's isn't fancy and probably doesn't do everything, but for a basic online store it works.
    Last edited by steveareno; 04-23-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Well, I would like to hear some review about magento cart as well.

Evaluation

Several months ago I did an evaluation of different open source shopping cart. You can find the results here: http://ipicdg.com/EC/evaluation.html

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Well, I would like to hear some review about magento cart as well.
    Hi,

Magento is a feature - rich eCommerce solution offering complete flexibility and control over the look, content, and functionality of an Online Store. It is the only platform in the market to come with out of the box solutions for multi-store strategy. It’s easy to manage multiple online stores and websites from one simple administrative panel.

The most important factor about Magento cart is it is SEO friendly. SEO friendly coding help your custom Magento website to gain high rankings in Search Engines like Google, Yahoo, etc. It gives you Auto generated Google Sitemap, Meta for your products and category pages and much more…

I am thankful for your inputs. I have chosen a2hosting.com and think that magento commerce software will be the best for my project. The thing is that this company attracted me more than any other. Hope I have done a good decision. I will tell you about my experience soon.
    In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity - Albert Einstein
    Audio Production Degrees

For me it is magento, because it is very flexible.

Thumbs up Introducing Magento Widgets

Magento Widgets allow business users with no technical knowledge to easily add dynamic content (including product data, for example) to pages in Magento Stores. This allows for greater control and flexibility in creating informational and marketing content through administrator tools, enabling intuitive and efficient control of content such as:

1. Dynamic product data in Marketing Campaign Landing Pages
    2. Dynamic Information such as Recently Viewed Items into Content Pages
    3. Promotional images to position in different blocks, side columns and other locations throughout the storefront
    4. Interactive elements and action blocks (external review systems, video chats, voting and subscription forms)
    5. Alternative navigation elements (tag clouds, catalog image sliders)
    6. Create interactive and dynamic flash elements easily configured and embedded within content pages for enhanced user experience
    7. And lots more ...
    What are Widgets?

Magento Widgets are frontend blocks with a predefined set of configuration options. These configuration options are displayed in a special edit form in the backend panel when a widget is being added or edited by a store owner. The ability to easily set widget configuration options allows for the full control of widget placement on a page to store owners.
    Configuration options for selecting a product link widget to be inputted in the header of all product pages and in all Pages using a Three-Column layout
    The Magento Community Edition Version 1.4, and the Enterprise Edition Version 1.6, facilitate the ease of using custom frontend extensions even more by introducing this new concept of customizable Magento Widgets, which can help Magento contributors and commercial extension developers provide more control over the frontend extension behavior and visual block placement to store owners.

How to Develop a Widget

Typically, developing a widget doesn’t differ much from developing a regular Magento extension which provides frontend functionality. If you want to allow a store owner to define different configuration options per block instance and to have full control over the placement of the block instance on a page (that also includes ability to add block into a CMS page or CMS static block) – the widget format will help you to do so.

Extension can then have any number of Magento Widgets. Widgets are typically related to the functionality which is provided by the extension itself. You can also develop widgets which add configuration options and placement control to the functionality which already exists in extensions.

Your Magento extension can also create and add pre-configured widget instances to defined pages right upon the extension installation.

You can package Magento extensions with widgets as you would any other extension and then upload them to Magento Connect under the Widgets category.

There is a new tutorial available in the Magento Knowledge Base which covers creating custom widgets:

* Tutorial: Creating a Magento Widget, Part 1 is a quick introduction to widget development which describes creating simple widgets for adding social bookmarking links on a page.
    * Tutorial: Creating a Magento Widget, Part 2 introduces widget configuration options. You will learn how to define widgets configuration options that can be modified by a store owner and create another simple widget which adds a configurable list of bookmarking links on a page.

All the sample widgets described in the tutorial are available to download on Magento Connect. Please note that the widgets are compatible with Magento 1.4.0.0-alpha3 and up. You can also download the full source code of the sample widgets in archived format from the tutorial pages.Terminology

You can check the Magento Designer’s Guide Design Terminologies chapter to get a general understanding of the blocks concept.

1. Frontend Block – an element which creates the visual output either by assigning visual structure or by producing the actual content.
    2. Magento Widget – a frontend block that implements a special widget interface which allows for having different configuration options per each block instance, and the ability to have multiple independent block instances on pages.
    3. Magento Widget Instance – a concrete block on a single page or multiple pages which receives its configuration options as defined by a store owner in the backend. The same widget can be added to the frontend multiple times producing multiple instances of the same widget.
    * Please note, that a single widget instance can also be added to multiple pages (with the same configuration options values) and managed as a single entity.

Widget Examples in Magento 1.4

Magento Widgets' flexibility provides many possible uses. Magento version 1.4 includes the following configurable widgets, and new widgets can be created by developers as detailed in the sections above.

1. CMS Page Link – displays a link to a selected CMS Page, and allows specifying custom text and title. Two templates are available for this widget – inline link and block template.
    2. CMS Static Block – displays content of a selected static block.
    3. Catalog Category Link – displays a link to a selected catalog category, and allows specifying custom text and title. Two templates (inline and block) are available.
    4. Catalog Product Link – displays a link to a selected catalog product, and allows specifying custom text and title. Two templates (inline and block) are available.
    5. Recently Compared Products - displays a block which contains recently compared products. This Widget allows for specifying the number of products to be displayed and has two templates available (product list or product grid view).
    6. Recently Viewed Products - displays a block which contains recently viewed products. This Widget allows for specifying the number of products to be displayed and has two templates available (product list or product grid view).

Registered User sequencehosting's Avatar
    I am a big fan of OS Commerce due to the large community and open source software.
    Sequence Hosting - $1/mo cPanel hosting! - Why pay more for less?
    Professional cPanel Web Hosting From $1/month!
    ^ Premium Web Hosting! View Our Control Panel
    Web Hosting Affiliate Program - 20% Lifetime Commissions!

I think zen card is better. I use ZenCart because it's a safer than OSC.

Registered User sequencehosting's Avatar
    I'm a big fan of OS Commerce due to the large community and add-ons.
    Sequence Hosting - $1/mo cPanel hosting! - Why pay more for less?
    Professional cPanel Web Hosting From $1/month!
    ^ Premium Web Hosting! View Our Control Panel
    Web Hosting Affiliate Program - 20% Lifetime Commissions!

Fast and best Service - First Trade Show

Hey,

As our name says "First Trade Show", we are biggest supplier of trade shows and exhibits materials all across the United States. We have the most attractive pop up booths, banner stands, table top displays, portable exhibits, trade show graphics and more. We make the show a huge success. We even provide some exhibit materials on rental basis, making it easier for the business starters. Visit us and we'll make it big!!

Quote Originally Posted by steveareno View Post
    We sell portable trade show displays online. We have been using agoracart (agoracart.com) for years and are very happy with it. You can click the link in my signature to check out our estore which runs on agora cart. Feel free to stimulate the economy and buy a few portable trade show booths while you're at it.

Magento

I was working for few days with an american guy for Magento sites and I think this are real good for Store as well as any many other features

Quote Originally Posted by sequencehosting View Post
    I'm a big fan of OS Commerce due to the large community and add-ons.
    Zend cart as well. I do like os Commerce because of the looks of it but zend is more efficient and have more options.
    █ HostedFX- 4 Years In Business Quality And Affordable
    █ Shared, Reseller and VPS Hosting. Upto 77% Off.
    www.hostedfx.com

i prefer you zencart.

Zen Cart is pretty good, Magento is great as well but it's more heavy and complicated, requires good hosting. A freind of mine has not that long ago used cart2cart service to move to Zen Cart and so far he's happy with the choice.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast