Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
    Social bookmarking is the practice of saving bookmarks to a public web site so they can be accessed from any computer or shared with other people.
    Yes you are right this is meaning of social bookmarking and it's benefits is get traffic and some times back link

socialmarker is a bookmarking tool for faster submission of bookmarks

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking helps your web content travel across the internet in an effort to achieve true “omnipresence”. Social bookmarking can introduce the sites that you own or you like to others with relevant tastes, can drive traffic to your site, and valuable backlinks.
    Benzen David,
    Denver Attorney

Quote Originally Posted by Benzen David View Post
    Social bookmarking helps your web content travel across the internet in an effort to achieve true “omnipresence”. Social bookmarking can introduce the sites that you own or you like to others with relevant tastes, can drive traffic to your site, and valuable backlinks.
    can you please define the TRUE "OMNIPRESENCE"

Thanks

-Jen

If you want to increase your page rank on various search engine like google yahoo or msn. you need social bookmarking. It is one of the important part of search enzine optimization. But if you are a webmaster you can't give effort for this purpose you better hire someone else who can help you in this regards.
    Benzen David,
    Denver Attorney

If you want to increase your page rank on various search engine like google yahoo or msn. you need social bookmarking. It is one of the important part of search enzine optimization. But if you are a webmaster you can't give effort for this purpose you better hire someone else who can help you in this regards.
    why cant give effort if it is easy to submit a bookmark? it only takes minutes...

Social Bookmarking, saving and tagging your website into the web, and you can also share them with friends because the bookmark is online
    Social bookmarking also help your site to become popular, and your site will earn a lot of traffic.
    “I base most of my fashion sense on what doesn't itch.”
    mens clothing and mens suits in UK, Derbyshire, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Abiahheign View Post
    Social Bookmarking, saving and tagging your website into the web, and you can also share them with friends because the bookmark is online
    Social bookmarking also help your site to become popular, and your site will earn a lot of traffic.
    i do social bookmarking and i earn traffic but not a lot

Social bookmarking is a method for Internet users to store, organize, search, and manage bookmarks of web pages on the Internet with the help of metadata, typically in the form of tags that collectively and/or collaboratively become a folksonomy. Folksonomy is also called social tagging, "the process by which many users add metadata in the form of keywords to shared content"

Social bookmarking is one of the important part of SEO. Social bookmark's perfect meaning is to saving bookmarks to a public web site and share with other people. Social bookmarking and it's benefits is get traffic and some times back link

when i submit my stories to social bookmarking site..my aim to have traffic on my site through it but not building links...

Social bookmarking is a powerful method to promote a site. It can bring lots of traffic. So some people think it as a challenge to search engines.

Social Bookmarking _ great tool..

As the key word from it suggest- social--that simply means
    being involved in a certain group of people..and when you are involved
    you are expected to share and at the same time mingle with other
    group of people... and as it's role to SEO, this is another way for them
    to share in an instant, what they have saved from their accounts in
    every social sites that they have registered,...

I like that description about omnipresence, I think that it works well. The way I understand it is that you publish some media, say a blog entry on your site, and then you open it up to social media sharing. That means that visitors view your blog entry, they have easy tools to disseminate the blog entry in a fast way -- on other well-known websites. That just adds to your blog entry's exposure and helps you reach a wider audience, without your having to do anything.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast