Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Links?

Forum Links?

Forum links generally pass very little value from the forum to your web site. They are quantity not quality. So i was thinking today why don't we try and harvest some quality links out of a forum. You may ask how do we do this? we start a thread for everyone one intersted we all make one post in the thread. WE add a perma link to that thread in our signatures passing value to the thread and creating a higher quality link to our web sites. What do you guys think of this idea?

I would not recommend consider forum links as source for back link base. As rule the links are with nofollow attribute
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Although they pass very little value the forum signature help you to increase your visibility and it's still good source for getting targeted traffic.

Hey i have never heard about forum links but i do know about Link Forum.Link Forum is something you can call an independent body that plays an active role in influencing the shape and delivery of services on the Wirral for children and Young ..

i prefer dofollow forums

I agree that forum links are of little seo value. You should only participate in forums if you are interested in them and you can add value to the discussion. If your posts are of value, you may then get some traffic from your signature.

Last edited by steveareno; 04-22-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steveareno View Post
    I agree that forum links are of little seo value. You should only participate in forums if you are interested in them and you can add value to the discussion. If your posts are of value, you may then get some traffic from your signature.
    you should also consider that a forum should have a relevancy to your site not just you are interested.. Being interested is good, relevancy is best

The forums links could be helpful if you regard them as only one part of your link building and continue working on your web link popularity measures and practices through other ways as well.

Forum signature provides less value, agree but they are also good for increasing visibility of your website as said by Bob. In terms of traffic, forums could bring you good amount of traffic if you avoid the spam on it.

does being active much on a forum of course plus the fact that you are giving good opinion(s) around the threads, does that consider as spamming?

Does it relate to the discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenie0109 View Post
    does being active much on a forum of course plus the fact that you are giving good opinion(s) around the threads, does that consider as spamming?
    Depends on what you are posting about
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Quote Originally Posted by ~ServerPoint~ View Post
    Depends on what you are posting about
    i hope im not. Coz im super active here...

Hi

Hi,
    i think forums are the best way to promote yourself . whether they enables in link building or not thats another thing but to promote your services it is the best option

HI
    DO follow forum link only count as back link.also forum posting help u to increase traffic to your web site.
    Devid Mark
    Magento commerce

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast