Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Here, i have listed the benefits of Windows and Linux Hosting, please go through it:

Windows Hosting Benefits:

- ASP Support
    - ASP.NET Support
    - Powerful SQL Server Database
    - Access Database Support
    - PHP and MySQL Compatible
    - IIS Web Server

Linux Hosting Benefits:

- PHP and MySQL Support
    - Apache Web Server
    - Mod Rewrite Support
    - Chmod file permissions

Windows can host PHP and MySQL, too. It may not be native, but I host it, too.
    Robert Williams, Owner
    Williams Web Solutions
    www.WWSHosting.net
    info@williamswebsolutions.net

#1 in Business-Class Website and E-mail Hosting, #1 in Professional Web Development and #1 in Online Marketing (SEO/SEM). Switch to see why many choose Williams Web Solutions every day for business success.

Are you familiar with the aspect that Linux and Windows OS both have bad as well as good points. A majority of the users might have experienced the same.

It depends on your requirements. Both windows and Linux web hosting have there pros and cons. Windows web hosting is easy to use, however Linux web hosting is open source and compatible with PHP and MYSQL.

The reasons I prefer Linux over Windows:

1. Security--I have no worries of Hackers, Viruses, Worms, Trojans or any other misc malicious code.

2. I am freely able to do what I want to the system. Including getting or giving away the OS or any one of the million programs available.

3. It is a better quality (my personal opinion)

4. A very helpful community (no flaming )

5. Open source

6. Eye Candy

I would recommend you should choose the type of reseller depending on your targeted visitors if you have already. If you are starting from scratch then on you as both have pros and cons. However Windows comes to be a bit costlier compared to Linux due to licensing and management cost. But you'll find many providers offering Linux and Windows at almost same cost.

Beverly Hills, United States, United States
    I also think using Linux is the best option as it is secure and very useful. Even for wan it is very useful.

Depends on the requirements, but linux hosting is more stable by default.
    Last edited by synaptic; 11-28-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Starting out for reseller hosting I would go with Linux, there is more support, cPanel/WHM is very useful and can make your business and web hosting business run very smoothly. WHMCs billing is the key as well, automate your complete billing so you can focus on your customer base.
    David R. Wells – Direct: 1-877-503-4678 ext 1 - 24/7 – sales@webnethosting.net
    WebNet Hosting – Since 2002 – 100% Uptime – USA & Europe & Asia Data Centers
    Managed & Un-Managed Dedicated Servers | Cloud Servers in (USA / Europe / Asia)
    DDoS Protected Network | Pro-Acitve Monitoring & Management | Bulk Discounts Available

Linux is free. So I opt for Linux!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234