Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Web hostign and Linux web hosting has its pros and cons. Windows web hosting has become requirement of those who enjoy the compatibility of Microsoft applications

Hello,

In my personal opinion, and experiences with both systems. I'd prefer Linux as it's more stable when running cPanel as the new cPanel that runs Windows hasn't been out as long which can cause some stability issues.

Thank you.

On the Internet there is a tremendous amount of argument over which operating system is the best for web hosting. There are anti-windows haters, there are FreeBSD fanatics and more. But which is the best? The truth is it depends on what you are doing.
    Asia Affordable Web Hosting Provider

Linux web hosting and Windows web hosting are comparable, as both of them allow you to put a website online with almost no effort at all. Linux web hosting is better than Windows hosting when you are looking for a simple, cheap and reliable web hosting solution. Both of them have a series of benefits and disadvantages and the decision to use any of them should be based on your specific needs as a webmaster and in any case not on the popularity of the operating system itself.
    360social.ae : Dubai # No 1 SEO Company
    Web Design Services : Online Advertising Dubai ,

Both the OS have certain positive and negative sides. Linux is cheaper and trustable whereas windows is much user friendly thus making it very easy for the beginners. If you are using the .net application then windows hosting is the only option you are left with.

I think honestly that LINUX would be the better option for a beginner as it is easy to get and really safe from the usual risks that Windows cannot deal with.

Hi,

There are many definitions of better…..the most important one you have to consider is which one is better for you, based on what you want to do with it. Also, if you want to spend no money, linux good be better on your pocket.

Are you aware that the OS for Windows and Linux might have good and bad points as seen by many of us at the current times?

No Second option.I would prefer Linux because Linux programs are open source so easily customize or modify the code however they wish to and It has a large variety of software programs, utilities, and games with security options.

Ii would like to use Linux OS as because its fast and risk free.

I will go for Linux. Linux is comparatively fast as compared to Windows, but due to flexibility in use windows is more popular as compared to Linux. Try Ubuntu 12.0 you will experience good speed.

Linux platform would be best and preferable since it is cheap in cost and easy to access and configure.

I resell Windows and the reason why is because my servers are secure. I cannot guarantee a Linux server to be secure because I am not a Linux person. and you're a fool if you are going to trust your datacenter to protect you.
    Robert Williams, Owner
    Williams Web Solutions
    www.WWSHosting.net
    info@williamswebsolutions.net

#1 in Business-Class Website and E-mail Hosting, #1 in Professional Web Development and #1 in Online Marketing (SEO/SEM). Switch to see why many choose Williams Web Solutions every day for business success.

Always prefer to choose Linux based server due to security of my web pages content over Window.

Linux is better than window hosting.
    Virus problem in window is more.
    Linux is better for open source software.
    Speed is good.
    Since More people are using, it is better to go with it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast