Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    I need your assistance guys in choosing the right dedicated server offered from serverpoint.com. The thing is that I bear in mind to choose the one from these dedicated server offers:
    AMD Athlon X2 3800(dual core) and Intel Pentium D 2.66Ghz (dual core) - the price and specifications are equal.
    What configuration would be better for me?
    If the price is same then go for the second one...

Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    I need your assistance guys in choosing the right dedicated server offered from serverpoint.com. The thing is that I bear in mind to choose the one from these dedicated server offers:
    AMD Athlon X2 3800(dual core) and Intel Pentium D 2.66Ghz (dual core) - the price and specifications are equal.
    What configuration would be better for me?
    While many would follow current trends (IE core2 mopping up with anything stars based) and recommend the intel. however, it is important to note that it was AMD and not intel that was viewed as the performance leader at the time these older cpus were released. I would ask your potential provider some detailed questions regarding the cpus, and then do the research (there were multiple revisions of both the cpus you mention). This will allow you to get the most out of the server (if that is important to you).

However, I would consider looking around for a more modern budget server. A pentium dual-core e4xxx series processor will be twice as powerful as either of the servers above. And may be cheaper at some providers because of the lower tdp.

You can get various kinds of dedicated servers depending on your web application requirement. If it is going to be a database driven dynamic website then you would need a considerable amount of resources in your server with minimum of 4 GB RAM and at least a Xeon Quad core processor.

Its better to choose Intel Pentium D 2.66Ghz as it is super fast server and you will have more privileges running your web sites on it.

Regards

Aditya
    Diadem Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
    RAID10 Enabled Web Hosting

Great dedicated servers of high quality are offered at a2hosting.com - the company is currenly offering several discounts making the services significantly cheaper, and much more attractive considering the experience, reputation and quality of this host

First off i would ask how long they have been in business. Then ask them about there uptime, ask them for a link to an uptime tracker. Move on to ask the where there datacenter is located, if you can pick a datacenter closer to your target area. Ask them if the secure and optimize the server or is it self managed. Never buy a server with root access. Ask them about reboot times, if they have a hardware replacement SLA. Lastly ask them if they have a download test file so you can test the speed of there network. If you have any questions email me via the link in my profile.

HI

I prefer the LIMESTONE NETWORKS
    LENOVOhost Network Solutions, designs the technology of Tomorrow
    RVSkins, Fantastico, 24/7 Support, FFMPEG, SLA Uptime, Daily Backups, End-User Support & More
    Support Desk Software | Sales, Billing & Tech End-user Support | Hosting Templates

Usually its a misunderstanding about the address of the server machine. You probably are not on a dedicated IP. That means that there is an IP address for your machine that only works on the lan (others on your home network) and another IP which is the lans address to the internet.

Thumbs up hii

hi
    check this one kvchosting.com here u can find plan cheap and affordable wit excellent services... i ve an account in that.. n its good.

Hi
    I think you should go with (AMD Athlon X2 3800(dual core) this plan this is more beneficial for you according to me.

Re:

There may come a time when you decide that your web site has out-grown any of the shared web hosting plans that are available. Maybe your traffic has grown to the point that your web site is starting to slow down. Or maybe you have a number of web sites, and feel that housing them on one server would be a simpler, more cost-effective solution than having several different web hosting plans. Whatever the reason, you are considering stepping up to a dedicated server.Other things that are common to most managed hosting plans are better than average uptime and service guarantees. Given the higher fees paid by subscribers to these plans, this is not a surprise – most companies will take more care with their better-paying customers, whatever the industry.

I recommend you should know you what you needs at first.
    HostEase Web Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

Deed on the amount above, the prototypal thing that needs to be discovered is your unshared needs and what you are superficial to fulfil. I constituted that sites has active schmoose and a assembly where you can ask this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12