Network problem!!!!!!!!

I’m running a Home office, I have 4 pc two of which I’m running win98 OS and other two latest one is Win 2003 server and another one Win vista. When I try to make a Network connection its showing error. I just want to know should I upgrade my two pc to win XP or win2003 the error is incompatibility. Is that the only solution for this, any suggestions! Please help.
    Thanks in advance

OS upgrade may help resolve the issue.
    Solsnet.Com
    Your Solutions Network

Server4Sale.Com

What is/was the error.

You can get a more detailed response if you can tell others what the error is.
    Tracy Phillips
    CpanelReseller.com
    See Why We Smoke The Competition - HostSentry!

When I try to make a Network connection its showing error.

Quote Originally Posted by thomking View Post
    When I try to make a Network connection its showing error.
    please when ever you need help provide the error message and number
    how any one can help you when even we dont know what the problem is

i suggest you to search the error message online you will find good result
    Free Coupon for hostsearch users:
    15% off + free submitingto 100 search engines
    Coupon Code : hotsearch32

casitecenter

Without having any type of error code, i strongly suggest upgrading from Windows 98. There is probably a very good chance that your hardware will not be able to sustain a more up to date operating system, but hopefully it will.

If for some reason you cannot get it to network, perhaps the hardware isnt compatible with the OS you load, i recommend migrating the data off of there and seeing about getting some inexpensive new machines to replace your old ones.

Hope this helps.
    Limestone Networks
    Dedicated Server Hosting
    877-586-0555 + 214-586-0555
    sales@limestonenetworks.com
    www.limestonenetworks.com

Windows Network Problem Solver

This is your automatic expert right on your computer. Define your problem by filling in the form below. Then scroll down to see the solution. Troubleshooting has never been easier. Requires Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or higher and Internet Explorer 6 or higher with scripting enabled. Partly adapted to Windows Vista.......

Network problem

PC running vista was running fine for 18 months now cant see my router or anything on my network but internet works fine still. My childrens pc running xp sees all network fine still so suspect firewall but how can it change by itself?
    XRumer 5.0 Palladium: best promotion software

Thats the nature of the firewall - to be dynamic and prevent attacks. however that can hurt you too. Many times depending on the FW used it can see packets coming from an IP as malicous and block it. Problem is, that could have been valid packets. McAfee Security center and the Windows firewall are notorious for this.

MagicOPromotion please next time check the date of the post. Orachle uped old thread and I think that OP might longer be intersted in this topic
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities