Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Green hosting solution?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a green host- one that is eco-friendly and minimizes their carbon footprint. Specifically, I need dedicated hosting or colocation. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

I'm hosting through GNAX currently. Never had a problem with them. I didn't sign up because I thought they were "green", but I did notice the other day that they put out some kind of article about it: http://www.gnax.net/pdf/GNAX_Green_Initiatives.pdf

Give it a read, it might be what you're looking for.

Green hosting is available from glowhost.com.
    They purchase Solar-Generated Electricity, provide Paperless Billing and utilize Recycling Stations.

hi thanks for sharing this.

From the mentioned above companies, I would better choose glowhost.com. It happened so that this decent company provides really stable hosting services, especially green hosting, and the price is affordable for them. I have done a search and found nice discounts:

2MONTHSFREE - 2 Free Months;

3MONTHSFREE - 3 Free months.
    Do you want to gamble? Here is ==>> ONLINE POKER

Where do you want your servers to be stored, the answers can be different depending on the location. many of them prefer the colocation of the server in there own country or region.
    Dedicated Servers India
    Best Deal in VPS hosting , Linux VPS hosting
    24x7 support with 99.9 % Uptime guarantee Reseller Hosting

Green host is nothing but the marketing tag.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

I am not sure which company will be reliable for green hosting especially when it comes to US Data Centers. But I do know that Amsterdam has a few data facilities that are built around minimizing carbon footprint.
    Miguel Villegas
    Miguel@Singlehop.com
    Singlehop.Com Account Executive
    http://www.singlehop.com/teammigzzy/index.php - Exclusive Team Migzzy offers!
    312.447.2580 ext 104 - Twitter: @MiguelSingleHop

Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSingleHop View Post
    I am not sure which company will be reliable for green hosting especially when it comes to US Data Centers. But I do know that Amsterdam has a few data facilities that are built around minimizing carbon footprint.
    That is not an issue here at all.
    I'm sure power supply that is not an index at allwhile we are talking about the quality of the web hosting
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Quote Originally Posted by ~ServerPoint~ View Post
    I agree with that, but if you really want green go with a server with a Atom processor. They use much less electricity than the other Intel's and AMD's.

There is no denying the fact that glowhost.com will be the most secure place as it provides stable green hosting services. They have advanced heat pumping system which recycles warm air from datacenter and is used to heat employee occupied space during the winter months.
    Moreover, I have noticed that they use Well water which is used for cooling towers which reduces electricity used to pump water to the facility and eliminates chemicals normally used to treat city water supplies.

Green hosts seems not to be popular as they are not good in terms of reliability
    ?Want FREE Windows 7 UE or Zune HD 32GB? - We will give it!
    learn more how to get it...
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Well, the mentioned companies are good, but you see there are also many other ones. No doubt, webhostingbuzz.com will be also a good option for those who are looking for carbon neutral hosting solutions. This decent host is environmental friendly and you can trust this company as it has been providing green hosting for more than 3 years.

This can be the problem. People are thinking of green issues a lot more now so promoting green hosting can work well for a company.

I don't think it's always just a marketing ploy though, some are genuine as there are ways to operate in a more environmentally friendly way.

I do agree , it is just a marketing word which attracts the visitors
    Dedicated Servers India
    Best Deal in VPS hosting , Linux VPS hosting
    24x7 support with 99.9 % Uptime guarantee Reseller Hosting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast