Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Discuss it with Support Team first and let them know that you are going to move from their hosting to another.

Write to support of your second hosting company

Checkout Cloudways, it is the best managed WordPress hosting

You just need to contact the hosting company to which you would like to migrate to and they will be more than happy to advice you with this. They might even migrate your account for free of cost.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    Nginx / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

25119 N. Aspen Grove Lane Colbert, WA 99005
    First af all shift your website to new web hosting service. Then change DNS information to the new web hosting service. Do not remove your old website untill you'll make sure that everything works.

What type of web hosting plan do you have right now? Is there any control panel to manage your hosting server?

Contact any hosting company they provide whole information and details you move easily another hosting company.

If you run a website—whether it’s a small, personal site dedicated to a hobby or interest, or a larger site that you use to promote your work or sell a product—there may come a time when you want to move it. Your site may have outgrown your current hosting plan, you may be disappointed in the service or support of your hosting provider, or you may simply want to change because you’ve found a better price.

You don't do it yourself Just call your present and future host and don't warry

This article will assist you with migrating a website from another web host to InMotion Hosting. Please see our other article if your previous hosting provider uses cPanel.

Also, if you are moving a WordPress website to us, we have a guide in our Wordpress Education channel titled "Migrating your Existing WordPress site to InMotion Hosting"

The first step is to join your new host. Make sure to NOT cancel with your old hosting provider, and do not tell them you will be canceling. Keep this a secret from your old host, or they could prematurely terminate your site and cause downtime.

The first step is to join your new host. Make sure to NOT cancel with your old hosting provider, and do not tell them you will be canceling. Keep this a secret from your old host, or they could prematurely terminate your site and cause downtime.
    At this point, you should have hosting accounts with two hosting providers (the old and the new one). You will now migrate your entire site from the old host to the new one. This can be done by connecting to the old host's FTP and downloading all your files, and then by connecting to the new host's FTP and uploading all your files (maintain the same file and folder structure). If you choose to make HostGator your new host, we may transfer your entire site over free of charge!
    You must also backup any databases on the old host (contact the old host for instructions) and upload the backup files to the new host via FTP. You must then restore your databases from those backup files; this can be done via SSH or cPanel's phpMyAdmin. Emails do not normally transfer, but you can archive your emails from the old host. You can accomplish this by making a POP3 connection to each email address; this way all the old emails are downloaded to your local computer. The new host will not have those old emails, but the new host will be able to get new emails.
    If you choose to make HostGator your new host, we may transfer your entire site (files and databases) over free of charge! If your old host used cPanel, we may be able to transfer emails as well.
    After you have a copy of your site on both hosting accounts, it is time to change your domain name's DNS....
    After you have all your files on both hosting accounts, it is time to change your domain name's DNS. Your new host will provide you with the correct name servers (DNS). You may need to contact the new host to find out what DNS settings you will use for your domain name.

DNS name servers usually looks like this (replace "yourhostname.com" with your host's actual domain name):
    ns1.yourhostname.com
    ns2.yourhostname.com

Once you have the correct DNS, go to the company where you purchased your domain name to make the change. If you purchased your domain name from your host, you usually need to ask them to make the DNS changes for you. You can tell them something similar to, "Hello. My domain with you is _____.___ ; please, change my domain name's name servers to ns1._______.____ and ns2._______.____ ."

If you bought your domain name from HostGator, we are more than happy to help you or even make the DNS changes for you.
    Once your DNS changes have been made, you will need to wait 48 hours (two days) before your site will load from the new host. During this 48 hour period, your DNS is propagating world wide and your site will be randomly loading from either the old host or the new host. Once the two days is complete, your site will only be loading from the new host.
    After the 48 hours have passed, your updated DNS will be fully functional. You will now contact your old host and cancel your hosting account with them. If you originally bought your domain name from the old host, do not cancel your domain registration.

If you are looking to migrate your website from one web host to Cloudways, that should not be difficult at all. Cloudways will help you with free migration of 1 website. https://www.cloudways.com/en/free-we...on-service.php

Forum Posting

If you run a website—whether it’s a small, personal site dedicated to a hobby or interest, or a larger site that you use to promote your work or sell a product—there may come a time when you want to move it. Your site may have outgrown your current hosting plan, you may be disappointed in the service or support of your hosting provider, or you may simply want to change because you’ve found a better price.

My website, Kirkville, recently started outgrowing its hosting plan. With traffic reaching around 250,000 page views a month, I hit the limit of what my provider could support with standard, shared hosting. All it would take was one article that got a lot of traction, and the site could be overloaded. In addition, my previous host had a server problem back in February, which kept my site offline for about 36 hours, and I was unhappy with their support. So, I decided it was time to move.

Two years ago, I moved from France to the United Kingdom. I had to find a new place to live, manage having my possessions moved, and deal with administrative stuff, like taxes and utilities. In some ways, moving a website is similar. There are many things you need to do—there’s much more involved than simply moving files—to make sure that everything goes smoothly.

The way you move your website will depend on how you manage three things: Your domain name, your email, and the site itself. Here’s how I moved my own website, and a couple of alternative setups you could try that are slightly different from mine.

Once your reinforcement is finished your old host will send you an email telling you that it has been finished. Doing a Cpanel Backup/Restore Copies Data, Database, and Email Filters. Most effortless approach to move a site.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast