Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to protect your site from DDOS?

i have a website and i use Cloudflare, i even bought the "Pro" package. I have set up the records correctly( i think) so you can't find my actual IP. (I am hosting the site on VPS.)

But yet my site still keeps getting DDOSed. Usually not that it wouldn't load at all but it takes extremely long to load, most of the time i get the cloudflare error 522; connection timed out and so on.

So i believe the attackers are using Layer 7 attacks to penetrate through the Cloudflare?

What would you recommend me to do? I can't afford the 200$ Cloudflare plan or any other solution that is so costly

Usually DDoS protection is provided by your web host provider. You can ask for a DDos protection service if available from your current web host. DDoS protection helps to secure your online data and also helps reduce the downtime for your server.
    Cheap VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
    Windows VPS Hosting | Windows with Remote Desktop
    Cheap Dedicated Server | Free IPMI Setup

Hi Albertwu,

I agree with RH-Calvin, talk to your hosting provider about adding some DDoS protection. Cloudflare helps, but it can only do so much to stop some attacks.
    Domainsatcost.com
    Everything you need to be present online.

We have described several general rules of thumb about defending against DDoS attacks on our Blog. Take a look, they will hopefully help you mitigate the risk of being attacked in the future.
    ModulesGarden
    High-End Modules For The Most Known Web Applications Like WHMCS, cPanel or Magento
    Unique Approach To Custom Software Development Services For:
    Web Hosting Systems | Control Panels | Servers & Cloud Management | CMS | eCommerce

He told me about DDOS attack, and I found it very dangerous. I've researched, that bandwidth came from your hosting site should be put into consideration. More bandwidth means more protection. The problem is I'm just hosting my website in a subdomain. And I'm thinking that since it's free, maybe they will just give me a few bandwidth or whatsoever. I'm not really familliar what is bandwidth anyway. But guys, I need a little piece of advice from you. Do you know any method how can I protect my website against DDOS Attack? I really don't have idea. And how can I test if my website is secure? By the way, thanks for your advice..

We have portrayed a few general dependable guidelines about protecting against DDoS assaults on our Blog. Investigate, they will ideally offer you some assistance with mitigating the danger of being assaulted later on.

You can take the help from your web host and protect against DDos.

Informative information thanks for sharing.

A distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack is one of the most popular and frightening attacks cybercriminals like to use to attack websites. There are variations of the attack, but the basic premise is accomplished by flooding the website servers with traffic that exceeds what the servers or bandwidth is capable of.

contact your host service to have a good solution to protect against DDos.

A DDoS is an attack method used to deny access for legitimate users of an online service. This service could be a bank or e-commerce website, a SaaS application, or any other type of network service. Some attacks even target VoIP infrastructure.

Distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks have become a fact of life for any business with a web presence. Whether you’re an enterprise, e-commerce business, local organization, or government office – it’s merely a matter of time before you’re going to have to deal with the inevitable DDoS attack.

The question is what you can do before an attack in order to have adequate defenses already in place.

Like any business initiative, good preparation and planning can go a long way toward making the DDoS response process as manageable, painless, and inexpensive as possible. Organizations that engage in advance DDoS response planning are far more likely to limit potential damage and act in an effective manner than those that try to improvise their way through a DDoS-induced crisis.

This handbook provides you with a practical guide for planning and executing a DDoS response plan. It outlines pragmatic steps and best practices for choosing and setting up the right mitigation solution for your organization, how to authoritatively respond to an attack, and conduct a thorough post-attack analysis for developing follow-up defense strategies.
    The Video Marketers Profit Mining System
    Vid Reaper Review|
    Vid Reaper Bonus | Vid Reaper Demo

get a ddos protector vps

According to the results of a study conducted by Kaspersky Lab and B2B International, a DDoS attack can cause considerable losses, with average figures ranging from $52,000 to $444,000. But in addition to the financial implications, a DDoS attack can also damage a victim’s online reputation, an adverse impact which is arguably hardly impossible to recover from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast