Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice6 View Post
    hi all,

I want to set up website,
    what kind of server do you advice?
    ssd or else?

thanks
    Hello Janice6!,

Depending on your website type and how much traffic your website will receive you will have a few options. SSD is a great choice as it is faster than traditional HDD. However There is no point in getting something you may not need. I recommend you start small and grow as your site grows. You could start off with our basic business plan at $7.00 a month. This will have slightly more ram than our shared hosting so you can get a feel for our products. We also offer 99.9% up time and a 60 day money back guarantee. If you want to talk more about it you can contact me on skype or simply send me an email at jessej@hostwinds.net
    Hostwinds - Unlimited Web Hosting
    Cpanel/WHM | Not Oversold | Low Server Loads
    Hostwinds - VPS Hosting
    OpenVZ | SolusVM
    Skype Me! hostwinds.jessej

hi all,

ssd or else?

thanks
    Looking at your question I can think that you're a novice there No offense!

So probably it will be a good choice to have a shared hosting at first.
    They will provide you a control panel for your website management and you can get rid of server software installation and configuration.

It's not so hard at all but can be challenging for a novice still.

And then you can upgrade to some VPS server if you'll need more resources or flexibility.

By the way, you still can try it first.
    You can rent a VPS for few cents/hour now, install some web control panel like WebMin, ServerSuit or VestaCP and try it.

hi all,

ssd or else?

thanks
    I would suggest SSD. I have used it and it is really good for large capacity websites.

The server has transformed how small businesses operate, and with falling costs and improving efficiency, there has never been a better time to start using a server in your business – but which one should you choose?

With a number of server varieties to choose from, it can be a daunting task understanding your options and then making the right choice. Should you have an onsite server? Will a cloud-based server offer the best service for your business? And how can virtualisation make your server choice even more flexible?

All of the big name brands such as Dell, HP, IBM and Oracle have server platforms aimed at the small business user. It's important to match the needs of your business to the right server type. Ask yourself these five questions:

Are you buying a server for file sharing?
    Will your server be predominantly used for email?
    Does your workforce need to connect to the server remotely?
    Is your server going to be used for data backup?
    How much space do you have available to accommodate a server?

Answering these questions will give you a clear idea of the kind of server features your business needs. Often, a server can be used to manage multiple workloads such as file sharing and data backup. It's a good practice though to create a list that prioritises your needs for a server. This gives you a clear roadmap to follow, which will result in your business choosing the right server for its main requirements.

Can you brief about your requirement ?for that i can suggest you better also you can go with SSD hardware setup,leasedlayer is providing SSD VPS in normal prices with 50% discount.

I did a few searches and it seems that Dragonbrand is one of the best, however that is pretty full right now. I'm looking primarily to play in NA servers
    now in terms of WvW, PVE? I have no clue what the difference is. At the moment of this post, the servers with "Very high" status are
    Darkhaven Yak's Bend Gate of madness Crystal desert Sanctum of Rail
    Jade quarry and tarnished coast are Full
    seeing as i'm totally new to Guild wars in general, i'm not really in a rush to throw myself into a super high population server, but I don't want to go on one that seems desolate. I heard you can switch out servers with the payment of 1800 or so gems? (someone please explain to me how gems are earned)
    Thanks!

The server has transformed how small businesses operate, and with falling costs and improving efficiency, there has never been a better time to start using a server in your business – but which one should you choose?

With a number of server varieties to choose from, it can be a daunting task understanding your options and then making the right choice. Should you have an onsite server? Will a cloud-based server offer the best service for your business? And how can virtualisation make your server choice even more flexible?

hi all,

ssd or else?

thanks
    If you are newbie, then you can go for Shared Hosting option. Further you can go for the VPS, Cloud or Dedicated Hosting Solutions as per your requirements.

Visit: https://weblicence.net to get reliable, high performing, and affordable server hosting services with 24x7 support.

The entire selection of the server depends upon the type of your website and the traffic on your website. First of all create a rough estimate about the traffic and type of your website then search for a reliable hosting provider as per your requirement.

You can start with simple shared hosting and when your website is using more resources, you can switch to VPS..... Cloud.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cheap and Friendly SEO VPS services http://www.plutonhosting.com !

Cheap, Stable and Fast Hosting Solutions For Your Business.

Amazing discounts and 24/7 support!

SSD good, If you want more details about server
    visit this site for more details:- http://www.dinpl.com/virtual-private-server/

I think you should go for VPS because it can solve all the problem related to space bandwidth and much more that u surely face when you online ylur website. and for that, you should also know what VPS is
    VPS Hosting:
    A virtual private server (VPS) is a virtual machine sold as a service by an Internet hosting service. A VPS runs its own copy
    of an operating system, and customers have super user-level access to that
    operating system instance, so they can install almost any software that runs on that OSIn simple wordsHosting is like living in a simplex or half-plex where you can customize everything to your own tastes. However,you still need to maintain your own area. Companies that deal with resource heavy applications and secured data most often use VPS

Why VPS Hosting:
    Expansion of your business beyond shared hosting level.
    The expectation for a significant increase in traffic over the next few months.
    Plans to work with confidentially secured data in Intention to increase headcount which in turn
    requires a greater email capacity.
    Plan to host multiple sites, blogs or different
    applications very soon

Advantages:
    Cheaper than a dedicated server but still private
    Dedicated CPU and memory
    Ability to resell hosting
    Full root access to your server
    Virtualization allows you to scale as your website
    grows

For more info about hosting just visit onlinetroubleshooters

if you have any concern about Choosing hosting for email and others service. I would Like Suggest You Should Contact Hosting Provider India Provide a range of Hosting Plans with 99.99% or even 100% uptime on cluster hosting, Choose any of them and start your online business instantly. This Company have very Affordable and Reliable Hosting Plans available for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast