New to Ecommerce

I'm a newbie looking for a good Ecommerce business. I have heard of Magento, and others where you can start using their products or online stores. However, one's head can spin reading all the reviews, then you get a headache. Since I am new to Ecommerce, I would like suggestions from some experienced people as to a good fit for me to get started. I am computer savvy in some areas, but when it comes to web development or establishing something like this, I need assistance.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey i'm a dev in a Magento extension website, you can check at my signature

You can seek help from Magento community. Magento has a strong community with a huge number of developers. If you are a beginner, you should choose Magento 1.9 - the last version of Magento 1.x. Magento 2 are new with many Magento dev. and upgrade magento 1.9 is suggested for newbie.

I am also new to this i want to know some basic techniques.

Suppose it will be useful to recommend kvchosting.com ssd hosting solutions for running e-commerce web sites.
    This truly appreciable web host will always be recommended to all those looking for genuine and reliable hosts.

You can also start your e-commerce solution with Prestashop

Quote Originally Posted by sanjalisharma89 View Post
    How to speed up Magento with e commerce website ??
    CloudFlare always helps with speed, plus security.

Very pleased that I stumbled on to superbithost.com. Not only is their hardware awesome, they respond like instantly to questions and support issues. Try getting a response from the big hosting companies...lol. That's why I chose them.

For e-commerce hosting I prefer to deal with trusted brands like stratus4.com - their website hosting solutions are affordable.
    Just contact them, they can help you to move all content (files, scripts, mysql) from another host without downtime for free.
    Do you want to gamble? Here is ==>> ONLINE POKER

I think is Business Catalyst
    Business Catalyst allows you to build e-commerce sites typically small and medium scale. After you register you will receive an e-commerce application provides you with a dedicated content management (CMS) has the power to set up blogs, shopping carts, and forums. Tracking and analyzing user behavior is also very powerful and intuitive. The user interface is simple and brief. Business Catalyst will not only help build your online store, it is very good management and invoice items ... BC is a full-featured application hosting, providing excellent support methods through power phone, email, or online chat.