How to create a forum & how cost to build and maintain it ?

Hi all !
    I'm need to build a forum , could you show me how to create a forum & how cost to build and maintain it ?
    Thanks !

I have domain name for your forum plan

askmelogic.com

Quote Originally Posted by daniel park View Post
    Hi all !
    I'm need to build a forum , could you show me how to create a forum & how cost to build and maintain it ?
    Thanks !
    There are no cost & open source forums available such as PHPBB & Simple Machines, and there are commercial ones such as vbulletin that UKBF uses. The three costs are:

1. if free forums - nil, if commercial then the licence whether annual or one off.

2. the cost of setting it up, as in skinning it to look like your subject matter, and in tailoring its options to your needs. eg. if a gaming forum, you wouldnt want the boring ukbf blue colour, but perhaps a green xbox colour with grand theft auto characters as the main icons, and the forum headings to reflect its subject matter. If you play about with it yourself, then there is no cost per se, but plenty of web designers will do the job for you for a reasonable fee.

3. running costs are generally only the costs of hosting the domain, however depending on the hosting environment, and the frequency of user uploads and downloads, the bandwidth costs may increase. e.g. on here, nooone posts attachments/files in their posts, but in some sites, people post in 5MB graphics for others to download. Every time someone downloads this, costs the host bandwidht space, and if you exceed your monthly quota, it can get expensive.

All depends on the subject matter of the forum.

Personally, I would suggest using a free forum to make sure the site gets decent following, and if it does then reconsider your platform