Dealing with Malware?

Hey guys, recently I have been having to deal a lot with malware.What is the best method to recognize it and remove it? I've tried a few methods, however I have yet to find a really good solution.

Thanks

Malware is a serious problem for our network and if you want a permanent solution for malware then endpoint security software is the best option. And many organization provides endpoint security services, such as: Symantic, Promisec, etc. ....

Keeping your operating system up to date.
    Using up to date anti-virus software.
    Not opening an email attachment unless you are expecting it and know the source (many email servers scan emails with anti-virus software on the user's behalf).

Update your operating system, browser, and applications, as If there’s an update available on any of your software, go ahead and do it. Some of the most dangerous forms of malware are delivered by “exploits” that take advantage of out-of-date software.

Thanks for the responses guys, I really appreciate it I think the advice about keeping my OS up to date is the most easily applicable and I will start with that. I was actually researching about this to find more information on Malware and how to remove it. I came upon this article: https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/s...emove-malware/. Basically it reiterates and expands what you guys said. However it also gives good ideas and methods to remove the malware once it's already there. From there I found Bitdefender Quick Scan, which I tried, and it's a good one, would recommend.

how to clean malware with an infected PC.

Assume that your old virus scanner is compromised. Use a lightweight scanner inside Safe Mode.

Registered User 24x7servermanag's Avatar
    If your system is under the malware attack then please follow below steps -

1. Enter the PC in the safe mode - If your system is already under the malware attack then please open it in safe mode so malware will not enter in the system. Only limited services will be loaded which are really necessary.

2. Delete the temporary files - Make sure to remove the temporary files from the system. Because when you will run the scanning application that tie it will speed up the scanning process.

3. Download the malware scanner - Though you have antivirus running, make sure to run the malware scanner too. Because most of the antivirus do not scan the malware.
    Server Management Company
    India's Leading Managed Service Provider | Skype: techs24x7
    Cpanel Technical Discussions - Lets talk !

Quote Originally Posted by michanik View Post
    Keeping your operating system up to date.
    Using up to date anti-virus software.
    Not opening an email attachment unless you are expecting it and know the source (many email servers scan emails with anti-virus software on the user's behalf).
    I agree, that not opening suspicious e-mails and their attachments is a good point
    "We are all now connected by the Internet, like neurons in a giant brain." Stephen Hawking

Support Team @MyHub

Any intrusive control programs put on your computer with or without your knowledge. It is a general term used here to include Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Unwanted Programs (UP's), Trojans, Viruses and Worms.

Try Norton, it never disappointed me for years.

Step 1. Back up all your documents and files before you start removing the malware infection.
    Step 2. Enter your PC in Safe Mode with Networking
    Step 3. Delete your temporary files.
    Step 4. How to remove malware with an anti-malware tool.
    Step 5. Reset your browser settings

https://esds.co.in/security/vtmscan