EV1Servers.net - a mistake I値l never made again

I signed up with them yesterday. Today I called them 20 hours after I placed the order yesterday asking what happened to my sign up. The person I spoke with verified my name and credit card info and said my account will be ready in 15 mins. 3 Hours later I checked my email and found that EV1 sent me an email, but it's not an email containing log on information. It was an email asking me to fax or email my legal photo ID to them. That's pretty disappointing. I should be receiving an account confirmation email. My previous hosts never required me to send the ID. I understood that they needed it but I didn't want to do that. I should enjoy my new server by now as they promised. Why do I need to do that? If they didn稚 trust me, why should I do business with them?

So I called EV1 to make sure my credit card has not been charged. I wanted to canceled the order. I talked with a sales rep. named John who kept telling me that I have to do the cancellation online. I tired very hard to get him listen to me. I told him that I was not even a customer and I didn't have a user name and a password to log on to their system to cancel. He didn't know how to help and said that's the process. What? I tried to get an answer and he put me on hold. Then I found out my call was transferred. I have to repeated the story to a lady. She almost said nothing and transferred my call to another lady. OK I repeated the story again and she almost said nothing and transferred my call back to John, a sales rep. He told me I have to do the cancellation with customer service. My call was transferred again and I have to repeat my story again with a guy. I asked him who am I speaking with. He said you're speaking with a customer service. OK well, I didn't know your name was a secret (I didn't say that off course). Anyway this guy tried to verify me and put me on hold.

It has been 20 minutes that I was in the loop. I was making an international long distance call. The call would cost me a lot! He put me on hold for 10 minutes (and that's the 10 mins I'm typing this text). Yes, it's 30 mins by now and it's totally unacceptable. I hung up the call and glad that I am not doing business with these people. They were not friendly and were not helpful at all. I hope that I won稚 see the charge on my credit, or if I see it, I will just report it as a disputed item. What a waste of time.

Did you cancel your service with this host? If you did, try sparkservers.net you will not have to do any calling! You will pay in canadian funds. Besides, getting the run around shows the ISP is small.

Feel free to add links to sites - you can do so if you 'Go advanced' instead of using 'Post quick reply'.

That was very unprofessional... and I always thought high of EV1.

I hope you were able to find another dedicated server without too many problems?
    IceBlueHost | Premium Quality Hosting Solutions
    Shared | Reseller | VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | Master Reseller
    True 24x7 Support | No Overselling | Servers in US, UK and Germany
    Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and special promotions