Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is a VPS more secure than a shared hosting?

Hello folks,

I don't know this is true or not but I think a VPS is more secure than a shared hosting. How can anyone answer me?

I think vps or shared both is not good only dedicated server that is good.

Another feature of the VPS is the ability to create sandboxes and honeypots. These are methods of testing software updates and features while keeping the main site secure. Your company uses one of its VPS partitions for its main site and another one as a backup.

If you are in search of reliable vps hosts, then I can put forward a recommendation to look at these hosts:
    - Libertyvps.net - 30% off in first month - coupon Code: I4JS661YNK
    - Microvps.com - just contact them directly and see what you'll get exactly.
    - Lusovps.com - 400FFTILLAPRIL - 40% discount on the first month on any product.
    Using the right type of web site hosting service is so serious to your success.

Yes VPS is more secured. you can setup your own security constraints and change the access privileges anytime. now most of the VPS are DDOS Protected and free firewall setting is given for free.

A VPS is only secured if you know how to secure it.

yes VPS hosting is more secured than shared hosting.
    Because it provides flexibility and administrative control to install or uninstall the application and software. Also it provides customization of server configuration files.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjalisharma89 View Post
    Hello folks,

I don't know this is true or not but I think a VPS is more secure than a shared hosting. How can anyone answer me?
    Basically Shared hosting and VPS both are secured, no single shared hosting provider like to hack shared servers because more then 1000 domains hosted on all shared server and cause major setback to hosting company brand. For hacking hosting space is not only responsible but your own website content also caused problem, therefore make sure that you have latest version of codes hosted under your website to secure website content from hackers.
    KTCHost - Reliable Web Hosting Provider
    E-commerce Ready Hosting | Pure SSD Cloud/VPS | Offshore Dedicated Server
    █ 24/7 Reliable Tech Support | Monitoring Service | R1Soft Backup

I agree with your point. A VPS is more secure than s shared hosting

VPS accounts from a2hosting.com and webhostingbuzz.com, their plans are full-featured and prices are competitive.
    They provide their services with all necessary resources to feel fine in the IT world.

Shared Web Hosting: If a hosting provider puts numerous websites in a single server then we may call it a shared web hosting server. All websites hosted on a shared server, share a common server resources like memory(RAM) and CPU. It is quite cheap and limited access to server.

VPS(Virtual Private Server): The users of VPS have the ability of accessing their own virtual space. In a common server they are allocated a special virtual space.It is advanced than shared hosting and more access to server.

When choosing a host one should look for the reliability,reputation,support that the host provides.By looking through the user reviews one can get clear idea about the host because it will contain honest feedback.The host should satisfy the customer's demands without any hidden charges.Providers like 9cubehosting.com help the user to host at affordable rates with their quality service.

Yes they are more secure. In shared hosting everything you are using is shared. So, if their any leak point in shared hosting then all the sites running in it can be hacked. In VPS, everything is being used only by you and you are the one to take look after it. If you are not good in server management. Then i would prefer you to go with managed cloud/VPS providers like Cloudways, Fortrabbit, Siteground and others.

Hello,

Considering you have your hands on a vps you can tweak it to increase security + on some services you can place your vps behind a firewall but it will eat you more time.
    Thomas | Community manager | ikoula Dedicated servers, VPS and Public Cloud.
    Contact us | Follow us Twitter | Like us Facebook

Whether shared or VPS is more secure depends on how it's hardened. A sufficiently hardened shared server could be more secure than a VPS that is not locked down well. From a consumer point of view, your control is much more flexible with a VPS.
    █ ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    █ Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    █ SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

hi,

VPS is secured if hosting company protected entire server...

Here is nice article : https://www.vpswebserver.com/windows...ared-hosting-/
    Last edited by necko16; 03-28-2017 at 05:25 PM.

- When using a share host if your site has the same ip as you are attacked, then your site may be hacked
    - Vps will provide your server 1 only and you will only lo to your security for your server

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast