Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What makes a good homepage?

Hello friends,

I am looking for some homepage tips, please suggest me what should I for making is it so different from other websites.

Thanks in advance

So how do you accomplish the feat of creating an impressive homepage? We’ve come up with a few basic ideas below:
    1. Establish Your Identity
    2. Be Simple
    3. Keep It Above the Fold
    4. Choose Your Font Wisely
    5. Pay Attention to Your Use of Color
    6. Have a Bold Supporting Image

Take Paper’s landing page. Pure gorgeous design. It invites you to explore it. You get the impression that they are highly professional, up-to-date, and a premium brand. Most importantly, their landing page video, combined with a brief amount of text, tells you exactly what they are about in less than a minute.

My favorite thing about the site is that its principles can be used by anyone in any industry. I get that not every company is equipped to create a beautiful website with stunning parallax elements and graphics. But Paper’s formula is very simple:

Lead with a video that previews their product, providing a basic understanding without going into all the technical details. Now that I’m intrigued, I want to know more.
    Outline the product’s specs. I still don’t know everything, but a 30-second read clarifies a lot.
    Give a specific call to action. Throughout the page, I’m able to download the app directly or dive deeper to get the information I need.
    Entice your audience. Make a statement about who you are. And be quick. You’d never pitch your product without a good handshake, right?
    Instaeasy review - Software help you engage automaticlly to people on instagram
    My fan page: Mark Review

A homepage needs to be narrowly focused -- speaking to the right people in their language. The best homepages avoid "corporate gobbledygook," and eliminate the fluff.
    When a visitor arrives on your homepage, it needs to compel them to stick around. The homepage is the best place to nail your value proposition so that prospects choose to stay on your website and not navigate to your competitors.

A good design with easy navigation and informative content makes a good homepage for your website. Linking your internal webpages from the homepage also helps to redirect traffic and make your website more popular in search engines.
    Cheap VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
    Windows VPS Hosting | Windows with Remote Desktop
    Cheap Dedicated Server | Free IPMI Setup

Great, Nice discussion is going over on this thread Home page is very important factor for any website.

A homepage should have detailed about your services, your previous customer testimonials, logos of earlier clients, a simple and attractive banner, call to action, contact information, and it must be responsive. It will create trust in your users and increase your sales. A video on homepage will also be useful to attract and engage

Quote Originally Posted by RH-Calvin View Post
    A good design with easy navigation and informative content makes a good homepage for your website. Linking your internal webpages from the homepage also helps to redirect traffic and make your website more popular in search engines.
    Thanks for the information.

1. Say what you do in the main heading of your homepage
    2. Tell people why they should choose you
    3. First impressions - make your homepage visually interesting
    4. Call to action - get them to do something

In my opinion, a good homepage must be memorable, and able to display the best contents of your website.
    iGloo App Review | iGloo Launch Platform- How to build a perfect page
    WP Link Shield Review - Are You Losing 60% Commission?

What makes a good homepage?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Thompson View Post
    Take Paper’s landing page. Pure gorgeous design. It invites you to explore it. You get the impression that they are highly professional, up-to-date, and a premium brand. Most importantly, their landing page video, combined with a brief amount of text, tells you exactly what they are about in less than a minute.

My favorite thing about the site is that its principles can be used by anyone in any industry. I get that not every company is equipped to create a beautiful website with stunning parallax elements and graphics. But Paper’s formula is very simple:

Lead with a video that previews their product, providing a basic understanding without going into all the technical details. Now that I’m intrigued, I want to know more.
    Outline the product’s specs. I still don’t know everything, but a 30-second read clarifies a lot.
    Give a specific call to action. Throughout the page, I’m able to download the app directly or dive deeper to get the information I need.
    Entice your audience. Make a statement about who you are. And be quick. You’d never pitch your product without a good handshake, right?
    Thank for best infomation

If you're a well-known brand or company (i.e. Coca Cola) you may be able to get away with not having to describe who you are and what you do; but the reality is, most businesses still need to answer these questions so that each visitor knows they are in the "right place." Steven Krugg sums it up best in his best-selling book, Don't Make Me Think: If visitors can't identify what it is you do within seconds, they won't stick around long.

In terms of the design factor of a home page it should be visually appealing. It should have best colours that aren't very hard on the eye that persons have to strain to see it, very bright colors will do this often and should be avoided at all costs. There is nothing more intense than having to stress your eyes to see a site. The textual content should be laid out perfectly and should be a good size for people to see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast