How many keywords can you use when hooking up to a search engine?

How many keywords can you use when hooking up to a search engine? How do you optimize a site with the best keywords?

Number of keywords depends on the nature and size of the business. Moreover competition is main concern in case of keywords

Quote Originally Posted by dashingsee View Post
    How many keywords can you use when hooking up to a search engine? How do you optimize a site with the best keywords?
    I always use this paragraph from an article I've read before. It is quite informative. Hope this helps.

Keywords are the words you submit to search engines indicating the search words users might enter to find a site like yours. So, a pet store might use a number of keywords: pets, pet food, birds, puppies, aquarium supplies, etc.

The minimum number of keywords we recommend is 15. However, when you add variable, related key words, i.e., aquarium, aquariums, aquarium fish, aquarium fishes, along with other related keyword variables, your site can have as many as 50 slightly different keywords from combination variables for each keyword.

Most site designers offer keyword packages — 15, 30, 60 keyword packages — depending on the nature of your site. Of course, the keywords used, the higher the cost of site development. We only work with 15+ keyword packages.