Question Which is the best Virtualization?

Hello Everyone,

Which is the best Virtualization? KVM or Xen. Please share your opinion.

Thanks in advance

Of the two, definately KVM because so many options(Most all free) , built on Linux, and less vulnerabilities than Xen. Xen used to be good but has been steadily going downhill since Citrix merger. Our new Cloud(HA) VPS network of servers is all built on KVM system and implementing WHMCS for GUI w/ billing, managing, automation & works amazing(w/ some tweaking), especially for keeping prices low. However, the best Virtualization overall is still most likely VMWare even though costs a little more, it's the best way to go. Hope this helps. Check out our new Cloud server options for comparison. If you want to try one just to test out and see what I'm talking about & see if that's what you want, you can use special coupon code I created because leaving company next week. Use code "Cloud9" when checking out and gives you 90% 1st month off so can literally test out our cheapest $30 VPS for 30 days for only $3-no joke(just cancel after that-only month to month/no contract).
    Cybercon Data Center | Dedicated Server Hosting | Colocation | Private Cloud | SOC2 Type II Cert.
    VServer Center | Cloud Hosting | VPS | 100% Uptime SLA | HA Clusters | Dell/HP Servers
    BestNet | Shared Hosting | cPanel | WordPress | ECommerce | Email | Magento | Forum Hosting

KVM is significantly more documented and used than Xen in today's data center. You don't typically have any solutions that are dependent on Xen virtualization to function, either. KVM is suitable virtualization method for most programs that run on Xen, and this is causing Xen virtualization to head towards extinction.
    Rad Web Hosting - Reliable Shared Hosting - Fast Support
    Custom Dedicated Servers - Performance Cloud Hosting - Reseller Hosting
    DDoS Protected - Premium Network - KVM VPS Servers

Registered User 24x7servermanag's Avatar
    Xen can perform the full virtualization on system which has the virtualization extension support as well on the system which has hypervisor on the system.

KVM is not supported by the old CPU which do not support virtualization extension.

The main difference between the two is their performance, application integration, application awareness and innovation.

Xen is more stable and has native drivers which works with windows OS too. When it comes to Linux then KVM has not replacement. KVM is the best solution for Linux.
    Server Management Company
    India's Leading Managed Service Provider | Skype: techs24x7
    Cpanel Technical Discussions - Lets talk !

Personally I am happy using KVM vps. I am with Libertyvps.net and must say their work is based on quality.
    The thing that really has impressed me is the willingness of the support staff to take the time to explain things to a newbie who asks very basic questions.

+ get 30% off in first month - coupon Code: I4JS661YNK
    Do you want to gamble? Here is ==>> ONLINE POKER

Choosing a virtualization solution isn't always easy. The good news is you have many choices to pick from. The bad news is, well, pretty much ...

KVM is altogether more recorded and utilized than Xen in the present server farm. You don't commonly have any arrangements that are subject to Xen virtualization to work, either. KVM is appropriate virtualization technique for most projects that keep running on Xen, and this is making Xen virtualization head towards annihilation.

As far as i know - VMware is one of the best. The product line is huge for them. They are quite organized .

KVM is the best one as it is both software and hardware based virtualization with default kernel modulations.