Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PayPal

Quote Originally Posted by BBVPS View Post
    if you keep your security serious , no one will be able to hack your paypal password.
    Yup, you are right

Paypal has never been hacked from what I know. The only way someone could hack/crack into your paypal account is if your very careless with your password or your password is very insecure.

So make a good password and change it every once in a while and you should be fine.

PayPal is the safer, easier way to pay and get paid online. The service allows anyone to pay in any way they prefer, including through credit cards, easier way to make an online payment or set up a merchant account.

i dont thinks so but i read in a forum that paypal account id was hacked by someone.

If you will keep recomendations.Your acount will have no problem.
    1.strog password lenght minimum 7 2.non vecabluary word. 3 nonalfanumerical charter
    4.and have no spyware in comp in wich you type password. 5. dedect ssl before password typing.6 . dont save password dont check cheack box remember password.

Regards
    ProgX
    Software Application Development
    website construction

I think that Paypal system is rather safe, you may come across data theft cases even with banks.
    There's also IP protection, if you are trying to access your account using a different IP address from the one that you have used to register , it will be immediately blocked.
    Paypal uses uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer). SSL uses unbreakable 128-bit encryption, at least.

Yes, PayPal or other payment gateway can be hacked.I found out today that someone hacked into my PayPal account and made a $650 purchase. It only came to my attention because I just happened to check my bank website for my balance, and when I saw how much was missing I checked my recent transactions and there it was. I then logged into my PayPal account and it started prompting me to change my password and how my account had been compromised by a 3rd party....

Paypal has never been hacked.What you need to do is that you have make a strong password for your Paypal account.

Strong password is a kind one that can’t be guessed or hacked easily. Strong password should qualify these characteristics:
    1)at least 8 characters;
    2)not including the whole or part of user account name;
    3) at least including three kinds characters such as
    4)uppercase、lowercase、numbers, and symbols on the keyboard (such as !、@、#);
    5)can’t be looked up in the dictionary; not a command name;
    6) not a name of human; not the account name; not a computer name;
    7) modify regularly;
    8)distinctly different with before
    HostEase Web Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

^ very good advice a strong password and changing a often will help a lot...

For maximum security you should keep changing your password on weekly basis!

Definitely,make sure your security you should keep changing your password regularly.
    HostEase Web Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    I once had somebody take over my old personal PayPal account. I had what I felt to be a strong password and only used it from time to time when I had something to sell on eBay. I hadn't used it in 6 months when suddenly I got e-mails from PayPal telling me that there were holds placed on recent transactions and that I needed to re-verify my account. There was a bank account added to my PayPal and $3000 moved in from one PayPal account and then out to the new Bank Account, and then a chargeback/refund by the original sender which left my account at -3000.

It took about two weeks to clear up, thankfully I hadn't needed to use the account during that period.
    Years back I had this happen before. It can be a real pain to get it all sorted, but it has happened.

Gosh! It will be really scary for us if our passwords are being hacked! As far as I know,paypal is the most secure of all payment processing system. It has a great record over the years and is doing good until today. Hope it doesn't happen to us!

Quote Originally Posted by grateful View Post
    Gosh! It will be really scary for us if our passwords are being hacked! As far as I know,paypal is the most secure of all payment processing system. It has a great record over the years and is doing good until today. Hope it doesn't happen to us!
    That's why I recommend you use several payment systems
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Way to re-open a nearly year-old thread...
    In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity - Albert Einstein
    Audio Production Degrees

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast