Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Step by step guide for domain transfer process

1. You submit the transfer through our web site. We send the confirmation email of domain transfer - renewal to your email specified. The domain secret codes (EPP codes) must be provided to us in the very first step of the transfer process.

2. Then, the system tries to fetch the admin contact email address of your domain name. If it can not fetch due to your current registrar problems, the transfer fails. If the system obtains your admin contact email address from the public whois then it sends the first approval email.

3. The first approval email must be approved by you within 5 days or the transfer fails.

4. If you approve the first email but your domain name is locked or suspended for non-payment at the loosing registrar end then the transfer fails.

5. If your domain name is in OK or Active status then the transfer process goes on and is now considered approved by the registry. During this step, the registry can deny the transfer. However, we are not aware of any cases where the registry would deny the transfer.

6. The loosing registrar sends you a second approval email usually asking you to cancel the transfer. If you cancel then the transfer fails. If you ignore then the transfer must be completed within 5-7 days according to ICANN. However, even on this step the transfer can fail. For example, if during this step, you or your loosing registrar lock or unlock your domain name then the transfer fails.

7. If the loosing registrar sends you instructions on how to approve your transfer then use them to speed up the transfer.

Furthermore, please make sure that:

1. If you just recently registered or transferred your domain name, please wait 60 days before applying for transfer.
    2. Domain name is not locked by the loosing registrar.
    3. Domain name has not been deleted.
    4. The transfer can be accomplished in 5-7 business days
    Strat with Linux || Optimize, Secure and increase performance of Apache || Already Started
    The visionary conceives the impossible, The missionary makes it possible. ...Gita.

Thank you for the information

Does it apply similar to all registrars? I have a domain registered through netsol, I remember i tried to transfer it to other registrar, But it was unsuccessfull.
    Is there something that can hinder the transfer process or was it any mistake from my side?

Hai,

Thanks for Your information about the domain transfer process.

Nice guide. I assume I have seen some nice post from you on other forums as well. Thanks a lot for posting
    ?Want FREE Windows 7 UE or Zune HD 32GB? - We will give it!
    learn more how to get it...
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

If you own domain name and will need to transfer that be sure you will receive tons of the Tips from your web hosting company
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Amidala View Post

Hi all!
    I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

Thank you for your sharing.
    HostEase Web Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Amidala View Post
    Hi all!

Quote Originally Posted by mitto View Post
    1. You submit the transfer through our web site. We send the confirmation email of domain transfer - renewal to your email specified. The domain secret codes (EPP codes) must be provided to us in the very first step of the transfer process.

2. Then, the system tries to fetch the admin contact email address of your domain name. If it can not fetch due to your current registrar problems, the transfer fails. If the system obtains your admin contact email address from the public whois then it sends the first approval email.

3. The first approval email must be approved by you within 5 days or the transfer fails.

4. If you approve the first email but your domain name is locked or suspended for non-payment at the loosing registrar end then the transfer fails.

5. If your domain name is in OK or Active status then the transfer process goes on and is now considered approved by the registry. During this step, the registry can deny the transfer. However, we are not aware of any cases where the registry would deny the transfer.

6. The loosing registrar sends you a second approval email usually asking you to cancel the transfer. If you cancel then the transfer fails. If you ignore then the transfer must be completed within 5-7 days according to ICANN. However, even on this step the transfer can fail. For example, if during this step, you or your loosing registrar lock or unlock your domain name then the transfer fails.

7. If the loosing registrar sends you instructions on how to approve your transfer then use them to speed up the transfer.

Furthermore, please make sure that:

1. If you just recently registered or transferred your domain name, please wait 60 days before applying for transfer.
    2. Domain name is not locked by the loosing registrar.
    3. Domain name has not been deleted.
    4. The transfer can be accomplished in 5-7 business days

thank u for the information .........

Use the link below to assist you on this matter. You will have to change the DNS where you registered your domain, to the DNS provided on the Yahoo! page. DNS stands for Domain Name Server of course, so an example would be NS111.HOSTFORWEB.NET and NS1112.HOSTFORWEB.NET (I know these are accurate examples because these are the "name servers" for my website) I hope this information helps!

Last edited by Golden Regerd; 04-07-2010 at 01:33 AM. Reason: removed links

Hello Friends.....

A nice guide.Thanks for sharing.

Have a nice time ahead.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jezzicaz789 View Post
    Hi all!
    Use the link below to assist you on this matter. You will have to change the DNS where you registered your domain, to the DNS provided on the Yahoo! page. DNS stands for Domain Name Server of course, so an example would be NS111.HOSTFORWEB.NET and

Registered User sequencehosting's Avatar
    That is a fantastic guide. It certainly isn't easy moving a domain for the first time.
    Sequence Hosting - $1/mo cPanel hosting! - Why pay more for less?
    Professional cPanel Web Hosting From $1/month!
    ^ Premium Web Hosting! View Our Control Panel
    Web Hosting Affiliate Program - 20% Lifetime Commissions!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast