PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Sitemap and index status in Google webmaster?

raheel
11-06-2017, 04:10 AM
Hello all,

I have recently submitted a sitemap to google, when I log into my webmaster tools it informs me that out of the 15 URLs submitted 12 have been indexed. However when I click on the 'Google Index' key and then on 'Index Status' it says 0. What does this mean? I am a bit confused. !

Can someone please clarify this for me

Thanks

Sarataylor1
11-06-2017, 04:34 AM
The difference lies in the priorities of Google: you can have pages on your site map, regardless of the reason (whether the lack of inbound links to deep content, the lack of links on the site, delays in the publication of index data , etc.) Google does not have indexed content either or it does not show what is really indexed.

Carlbrewster
11-06-2017, 04:39 AM
"15 URLs submitted 12 have been indexed." where do you find this message? can you explain in briefly??

raheel
11-06-2017, 05:00 AM
"15 URLs submitted 12 have been indexed." where do you find this message? can you explain in briefly??
we found these on Google search console "sitemap" section. My Query is " Why in Google Search Console, Sitemap section and Google index section showing defferent index reports.