PDA

View Full Version : How much should be the keyword frequency?

Naksh
12-14-2017, 04:39 AM
We often publish content with an intention to target our focus keywords, right? We repeat our target keywords multiple times in our content but here is what I found in an article by Yoast.

“While we target focus keyword in multiple articles, we are confusing Google as to which article should be returned from our own articles. We should use focus keyword once in our article until and unless we are high authority sites”

Deepak5
12-14-2017, 05:10 AM
Like everything in search – it has evolved. I think the old kw density calc is the new proximity calc.

If the keyword isn’t on the page – it isn’t going to rank well (or at all) for that keyword.
If the keyword isn’t in the title of the page, it is going to be tougher to rank for that keyword.
If the keyword isn’t in the url, the task becomes more difficult.
What about in a big header on the page?
What about high on the page, or strategically spaced throughout the document?
Offsite density? Anchor text is another type of density.

I think KD needs to be changed to proximity density. It is closer heat map today than the pure numbers game of old

wellliving
12-14-2017, 05:22 AM
HI

Keyword frequency or density can be calculated numerically. To do this, simply divide the number of instances in which a keyword appears by the total number of words on the page. For example, a 1,000-word blog post that features 10 unique instances of a keyword would have a keyword frequency or keyword density of 1%.

https://www.welllivingshop.com/bedding/comforters/

alpa
12-14-2017, 05:46 AM
Search engine optimization (SEO) keyword frequency is the number of times a keyword or phrase appears on a single Web page. keyword density. keyword prominence.

sadianisar
12-14-2017, 05:57 AM
In SEO, Keyword frequency is an essential On-Page SEO element. It is defined as the number of keywords used in the content as compared to the number of words in content. It should be between 2 - 4%.