PDA

View Full Version : How I Fixed My Magento Store. No Technical Bull!

alexmorco
12-14-2017, 06:34 AM
Know what, it has been an amazing one month!! Especially when my daughter’s happy with her new classes as she finally got what she wanted. And most importantly, my online store is finally working without a hitch, and that too just days before Christmas.

It seems like forever since the last time I didn’t had to worry about downtime or dealing with incompetent support for my ecommerce website. There was nothing more in the world that I wanted than the peace of mind and hassle-free operations (only after the wishful ending of my daughter’s constant nagging, obviously!).

So here’s what went down. For quite some time I had this feeling that my online store’s response time was deteriorating, the only reason I could blame for the downturn in the monthly receipts and high bounce rate. I know I’m partly responsible for the negligence, but really I wasn’t aware of the full potential of my Magento store till I stumbled upon Cloudways. I had no benchmark or even what “perfect” looked like.

Little that I knew, there are a gazillion things that go into the daily running of a Magento store. And much to my surprise, I didn’t even had to be aware of them, let alone having to worry about dealing with them round the clock. So finally, early in November, I was introduced to Cloudways after a quick search on the internet.

First impression: I tried them for three days of free trial and they seemed to know what they were doing. After a few clicks,my store was setup and I was really impressed by the performance of my store.

Right now, I feel like my store’s progressed by at least a century. There’s no way the speed could have improved without the touch of an expert. After being fully satisfied, I’ve moved myself to a paid account.

Takeaways: A few things I discovered myself: the platform offered free full page cache, free SSL certification and an optimized foundation, all of which helped boost the speed of my store. What I learned about the support team is that they never back out. The support at cloudways is awesome! Overall, not sure about the pricing, for me it's super cheap compared to what I get in return. And,the quality of service is unparalleled.