PDA

View Full Version : cpanel payments

Malcom Owen
09-05-2005, 04:25 AM
One of my customers logged into cpanel but got a message that my license had expired. I checked it out and everything was sorted, but I am just wondering whether this happens often? has it happened to anyone else?

Malc

NS-Icon
09-07-2005, 03:38 AM
Id love to provide you with some answers, but we use Plesk not cPanel at NetspaceOnline.net so can’t really offer you much support there.

I have had a similar issue once with Plesk however that appeared to be an issue at the client’s computer, some form of spy ware / adware infection which resulted in further issues with him accessing his hosting account. The problem was quickly resolved after informing the client he could have spy ware infections and that a regular spy ware scans could prevent any further issues.

I do hope some of the members here who do use cPanel are able to provide you with some feedback. Keep us posted as to whether this happens again :)

NetManimal
11-21-2005, 01:25 PM
I have never had that problem with my Cpanel licensing. Sorry. May need to contact Cpanel about that one on the forums.

bin_asc
02-03-2006, 09:38 AM
It`s very rare when the cpanel licansing "verify.cgi" doesn`t have right permissions, thus leaving you with an "expired license" message. You just need to check the permissions. I think it should be 0644.

Malcom Owen
02-06-2006, 02:07 AM
Blimey... spy ware / adware infection... that doesn't sound good! Is there an industry standard program for removing such pests?

MO

Page-Zone
04-02-2006, 04:47 PM
I run 23 cpanel servers for the past 5 years. It has never happened to me except about twice when changing the host name of the server, and then only for 60 seconds. It could probably be less than 60 seconds, but the refresh rate hardcoded into WHM is 60 seconds.