PDA

View Full Version : Lengthy Domain Name is good or bad for SEO?

sanusense
09-18-2018, 01:29 AM
I have been wondering if I purchase a lengthy domain name for my next niche site project, but having some difficulty? What character number should be fine?
Share your thoughts on this...

pharmasecure
09-18-2018, 01:55 AM
short web addresses are becoming very hard to find in .COM; If you can't find a suitable short domain name - don't panic. There's nothing wrong with longer domain names either, but some of the basic rules apply

Must be easy to remember
Must be easy to relay to someone else
Must be easy to spell
Don't go overboard on length though - very long addresses can look rather spammy and that leads us to another related issue that will become increasingly important - web usage on mobile devices.

MVMInfotech
09-18-2018, 02:59 AM
The basic idea behind these is that you want to avoid any confusion or difficulty with people getting to your website. you should Avoid Numbers, Dashes, and Misspellings in domain name.

milos87popovic
09-18-2018, 03:02 AM
I think it is not good idea to use a long domain names, not for SEO, Google doesn't use this like ranking factor, but for remember it's a little complicated if domain name is long.

seojesica
09-18-2018, 04:54 AM
I think too much lengthy domain name doesn't potential.

sadianisar
09-18-2018, 08:43 AM
Lengthy domain name is not good for SEO as characters for domain name should be between 13 -15 for SEO purpose.