PDA

View Full Version : Differences Between the Major Search Engines

nadini
11-26-2009, 02:30 AM
Although the basic principle of operation of all search engines is the same, the minor differences between them lead to major changes in results relevancy. For different search engines different factors are important. There were times, when SEO experts joked that the algorithms of Yahoo! are intentionally made just the opposite of those of Google. While this might have a grain of truth, it is a matter a fact that the major search engines like different stuff and if you plan to conquer more than one of them, you need to optimize carefully.

There are many examples of the differences between search engines. For instance, for Yahoo! and MSN, on-page keyword factors are of primary importance, while for Google links are very, very important. Also, for Google sites are like wine – the older, the better, while Yahoo! generally has no expressed preference towards sites and domains with tradition (i.e. older ones). Thus you might need more time till your site gets mature to be admitted to the top in Google, than in Yahoo!.

pinki
11-26-2009, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the information.

hostmaster
11-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Every search engine has their own search algorithm and factors importance varies.

hostmaster
11-27-2009, 12:48 PM
This is not always possible if a website is doing well in Google, will also come up on other search engines (LIKE YAHOO AND MSN) as all search engines are working on different algorithms and have their own criterion to rank a web page.

bob
11-28-2009, 01:40 AM
I agree with hostmaster, optimization in different search engine require different approaches.

green screen
11-29-2009, 08:46 PM
I didn't know this. Wow! Thanks for the info. I thought that if a site ranks high in a particular search engine, then it's the same with the other SE's. What do you mean by algorithm in the internet? Thanks!

aaren47
11-30-2009, 12:05 AM
Hi

Wow..... You really doing a great job. This is very useful information.
I have got lot of information from this post.

Thanks
Have a nice time ahead.

HostEase
11-30-2009, 02:24 PM
The article is very useful,optimization in different search engine require different approaches so we have to according different search engine to choose suitable methods for promoting webistes.

handecola
12-01-2009, 09:24 PM
There are many examples of the differences between search engines. For instance, for Yahoo! and MSN, on-page keyword factors are of primary importance, while for Google links are very, very important.

Jestin07
07-17-2012, 04:19 AM
All of search engines have own rules for promotion of any website like google technique apply on-page and off-page etc.

seofuture
07-17-2012, 04:30 AM
Search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing are similar in many ways. Each online marketing discipline requires a strong understanding of purpose and functionality.
Search engine optimization is different from search engine marketing in many ways. SEO is defined as the organic result that shows up in search engine results pages after a user generates a query.

blessy_smith
07-17-2012, 04:55 AM
There are many search engine like Google, Yahoo, bing etc.. But these are working with same process..

jennyhelzer90
07-17-2012, 05:57 AM
This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.

miketyson1
07-18-2012, 05:39 AM
yes you are right thank you for sharing..