PDA

View Full Version : How important is choosing the right domain name?

aaren47
11-28-2009, 06:03 AM
Hi

How important is choosing the right domain name?

Most people want their domain name to match their business name but they can be different. People come to your domain name when they find you, and they'll find you by your popularity, advertising, search engine traffic and direct links to your website. The important thing is to choose a good domain name and stick to it - you don't want to throw away the effort put into helping people find you. Keep sharing and reading

Thanks

BulletproofWEB
11-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Domain choosing really damn headache thing.You have to consider so many things while choosing the domain.Keep domain short and easy noticeable.Main thing is user must comeback after leaving from your site.If he/she want to come back.You site name should be easy,easy for free mouth advertisement also and direct links.If you want to build a domain for search engine than there should be keyword or keyword phrase in domain name.But it's somebody already might take.If you didn't find the domain you like don't worry be happy with what you get.

expertsfromindi
12-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Yes there is no doubt now that Domain keeps most important value in the perception of Search Engine Optimization it must be on business name or business keywords and not only domain name is important infect Domain age must be so well....

bob
12-02-2009, 04:07 AM
Make it easy to spell and to remember.

hostmaster
12-02-2009, 11:32 AM
If your business already has a real world presence, you should normally continue using the same name. Keyword domains are out - branding and name recognition are in

HostEase
12-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Domain is important to a company,domain should be related to your business and should be remembered easily.

timothy1238
12-24-2009, 03:28 AM
It is very much essential as well as it must have simple and easy to spell remember. Because Domain name is all about your business...

~ServerPoint~
12-24-2009, 05:25 AM
I agree. Domain name name should be as short as possible and memorable

timothy1238
12-25-2009, 02:08 AM
Get the right domain. Get an appropriate name. You can definitely lure consumers

linkbuilder
12-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Choosing a proper domain name containing your major keyword or business name is very helpful for SEO purposes.

But this is not all conclusive, if you can't find the domain name you need, you can still use other domain name but you must exert extra effort to brand your business with your domain name. Branding takes time but it really does help in recognizing your business like ebay and amazon.

Szise
01-05-2010, 05:47 AM
A domain name could be: short (bo.mu, do.fo) or unique brand name (google, yahoo) or keyword domain + exotic extension ( eg. hosting.cc, super.tv, online.tc, play.gs )

ellehc
01-06-2010, 01:00 AM
Your domain should always be connected to what you intend to say in your content. In fact, your visitors should get an idea of what they are going to see by your domain name.

John Peterr
01-07-2010, 06:11 AM
hi,
its a typical question when we look at branding a website, normally for Search engine purpose website name plays a vital role, but this all is done to gain a good position for a website(organic search result).When you concentrate on branding a webiste, domain name might not be a issue(think about ebay and amazom).But here it takes some extra efforts and continuous process to brand your website and as well as rank in SERP.Branding a website has huge impact on the conversion percentage of the visitor when compared to normal visitor visiting your site through organic results.

kumar80
01-13-2010, 02:22 AM
I want to say that you should give preference to the words for domain name which is relevant to your services, select words which are easily remember and visible in search results after searching them.

mickeyy
01-15-2010, 06:15 AM
Completely true… finding a decent domain name is todays marketplace can be extremely frustrating, but as said, don’t spend forever worrying about your domain name. Pick one and focus your time and efforts on the product/services/content on offer.

I don’t think search engines see domains like this keyword-keyword-keyword.com to be untrustworthy, but a longer domain name definitely dilutes the weight given to it by the search engines. Thats why webdesign.com would be worth more than top-quality-webdesign.com under the search term web design.

anandmistry
12-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Keyword in domain name is good to perform very well in search engine. But, If we will concern with branding so, short & quick action domain name can help us. I want to give one best example with my current industry.

I am working on eCommerce website. [Spider Office Chairs] My domain name is performing very well with Office Chairs keyword due to construct with that keyword. But, BizChair is my competitor & performing 100% far better than me & gathering too much direct traffic with help of easy domain name.

sean11
07-01-2011, 01:41 AM
if you want to have website for a short term, then its better to have on keyword based, or else for a longterm and want to create brand name in web world.., so better go something different by which people can remeber and easy to type

Robert 1234
07-01-2011, 04:32 AM
choosing the domain name is the most important factor in businees. it should be related to their business

bestbusinessnz
07-02-2011, 03:06 AM
domain name is first part of starting business and talking about seo purpose then if the keyword is more competitive but due to url its rank with in a short time

rajni
07-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Choosing the right domain name is very important especially for bloggers, internet marketers and online companies. That is the power of choosing the right domain name and one that you should not take for granted especially if you are just starting out in building your own website or blog and if you are in the process of finding and buying your domain name.

robwilley7
07-08-2011, 01:54 AM
Hi

How important is choosing the right domain name?

Most people want their domain name to match their business name but they can be different. People come to your domain name when they find you, and they'll find you by your popularity, advertising, search engine traffic and direct links to your website. The important thing is to choose a good domain name and stick to it - you don't want to throw away the effort put into helping people find you. Keep sharing and reading

Thanks

I believe that Choosing the right domain is very essential. It has to match your business. Then only one caan attract consumers to the website.
Here are Top 3 Tips in Choosing the Right Domain Name:
1. Plan Proper Keyword Research.
2. Pick a Niche that you Love.
3. Pick a Domain Name that’s Brandable.

Thanks

John karner
07-08-2011, 02:02 AM
Its a very simple you just thinking what you done for your feature than you easily choose your domain name thanks for asking this thread

dressiton
10-26-2011, 03:30 AM
This article was written well ,I like…I will keep your new articles.

AmberLights
01-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Naming your website same as your keyword is beneficial especially when posting to directory links that only allows the exact name of the site as title; it wouldn't look spammy. But just like what TS mentioned, along with a kw optimized domain name, work must be continued through SEO and SMM for popularity and branding.

konetkar500
06-25-2012, 05:39 AM
Few things that one should consider when selecting the right domain name for website are :

1) The Size of the Name

2) Domain Type

3) Unique Domain Name

4) Misspelled Domain Name

5) Domain Name That Relate to your Niche

6) Consider Domain Suffix