PDA

View Full Version : What will be your approach if your SEO method doesn’t work?

thaichacha
06-17-2019, 04:57 AM
What will be your approach if your SEO method doesn’t work?

Jessicad0505
06-17-2019, 05:02 AM
SEO falls into organic channel, so you can exclude that and try others by Google-ing about them. While there is no tried is tested methods when it comes to those other channels of marketing. If something works for you, doesn't mean it will work for others or if something works for others, it will work for you.

eCommerceChamp
06-17-2019, 05:19 AM
Form hypotheses about why I am not ranking for the keywords I want to rank for and execute them.

If you don’t rank, one of the following is most likely true.

1. You have a low authority website

Backlinks are still one of the top 3 ranking factors. Depending on how competitive your niche is, you need at least a few or in some cases a lot of quality backlinks to have a chance to rank on page one. If your website is new, this is where you should start. Build authority first and page 1 rankings will follow if your content is good.

2. You don’t provide valuable content

Black hat SEO is dead. You can’t ‘trick’ google into giving you page 1 rankings any longer. And even if you do, you will get punished quickly. Create content that answers the search queries you want to rank for and is better than any other content out there trying to answer the same search query. You will have a hard time ranking otherwise.

3. The user experience of your website is bad

Number 3 on the list of most important ranking factors: Rank brain. Google looks at how people interact with your content. How long do they stay? If your users leave your website immediately, they probably didn’t receive value (although depending on the search term, this may not be true). How many people click on your website in the SERPs to begin with? This is only relevant if you already rank on page 1 though. Optimizing user experience won’t matter if you don’t get any traffic from google.

4. You have no idea what you’re doing

SEO is no rocket science. There aren’t many different approaches to ranking high in google. Make sure to get the 3 things I mentioned right and you will rank. Shady ‘tricks’ and short term tactics won’t help you rank in google, so forget about it. Also, don’t be impatient. You shouldn’t expect to get much traffic from google in the first 6–12 months.

To sum it up, if you are not ranking, ask yourself:

Is my website at least about as authoritative as my competition?

Is the content on my website any good (or better: better than anything else that’s out there about the same topic)?

Is the content on my website structured in a way that people don’t leave immediately and can find what they are looking for?

If your answer is ‘yes’ to all of the above, congratulations, you will rank in google. Just give it some time.