PDA

View Full Version : Link-building success on Co-recommendation?

Sara James
07-25-2019, 12:46 AM
Do you really think that the success of Link Building relies on co-recommendation strategy?

pharmasecure
07-25-2019, 01:55 AM
It’s amazing how a seemingly small change can dramatically improve conversions. On one of my link request outreaches I kept getting solicited for donations, to pay for links, something I didn’t want to do. Then I discovered a small change to what I was doing that resulted in more links.

Many years ago we updated our suggest-a-link outreach to include several suggestions, not just the one site we wanted a link from. One would think that asking for links for several sites would decrease the conversion rates because the success rate was divided between your site and the other recommended sites.

So instead of asking for links for one site, we started asking for links for multiple sites. That worked well… then we improved it.

We noticed that some sites tended to be popular with the niche we were working on. So we decided to include popular sites along with the site we were promoting in a suggest-a-link campaign.

The difference in success rate was noticeable. We could tell from the positive feedback from people contacted that we were on to something.

Link Building Success Rate Improved
The link building conversion rate improved.

I refer to this strategy as co-recommendation.

These are the important points for understanding why co-recommendation works for me.

1. The campaigns are for commercial sites, eCommerce or ad supported.

2. Co-recommended sites were similar to the sites being promoted but not competitors.

eCommerceChamp
07-25-2019, 05:18 AM
It’s amazing how a seemingly small change can dramatically improve conversions. On one of my link request outreaches I kept getting solicited for donations, to pay for links, something I didn’t want to do. Then I discovered a small change to what I was doing that resulted in more links.

Many years ago we updated our suggest-a-link outreach to include several suggestions, not just the one site we wanted a link from. One would think that asking for links for several sites would decrease the conversion rates because the success rate was divided between your site and the other recommended sites.

yuva12
07-25-2019, 09:02 AM
Link Building is the method of getting another website to link back to your website. Link is simply a hyperlink, that user uses to navigate different pages.