PDA

View Full Version : Changing meta tags often

Della Emery
01-30-2010, 06:06 AM
If we change meta tags often will it affect seo or penalized by google?

GardnerBulkeley
01-30-2010, 01:47 PM
We are not penalized but we don't get proper results in short time because we need to wait for at least one month for getting all the pages re indexed again after changing the meta tags.

HostEase
01-30-2010, 06:52 PM
It will affect seo and not be penalized.

bermuda
02-05-2010, 02:48 PM
They would probably not affect the rankings in any way, unless the changes are so huge which may be like completely replacing your older keywords with newer ones. The search engines and especially Google usually do not like seeing so many changes happening to the websites structures since the older the things in the SEO world the better and besides, nowadays link building is the important factor affecting the sites rankings on Google and the on page items may bear not that much significance.

scottcaan
02-08-2010, 01:12 AM
updating very often mean what are you updating once in every 10 to 20 days. If this is so then you are wasting your time. Because search engines needs time to update its data base by cache your sites. If you are updating the meta tags so often then it might not understand what is your site deals with. So do a proper research only then update your meta tags so that you can come up with proper and exact keywords.
Even if you want to update your site content that should be atlest every 4 to 5 months. This could give you a better results.
News and sites which deals with daily updates dose not come into this category.

ellehc
02-08-2010, 01:59 AM
Like what HostEase said it will affect only in SEO.

Hosting India
02-08-2010, 05:46 AM
As meta tags has no importance in the SEO as it was earlier, I dont think you would be affected more, There is no chance of getting penalized :cool:

Della Emery
02-08-2010, 06:08 AM
i changed it recently after that my page ranked last in google. how can i get it back.

davidweb09
09-08-2018, 02:13 PM
We have to update the SEO campaign regularly if Old one is not working. https://notaryontheway.com/

roycpo
10-31-2018, 08:27 AM
The meta keywords tag is where you put all of the keywords you use in your site.The importance of meta tags is that the search engines read them in order to compare if these keywords and the description are related with the visible content.