PDA

View Full Version : Clustered Web Hosting?

NetherBen
11-13-2003, 03:44 PM
Hi,
I was wondering what the general consensus of the board was on the the topic of clustered hosting. We have developed and been using a 100% redundant no single point of failure system for about a year, and are ready to start marketing it. I was wondering if the viewers of this board felt that 99.999% uptime is something that clients will pay for. (Or do they not really care or notice?)

If you'd like more information browse to:
http://www.netherweb.com/hardware.xml

Thanks,
Ben Congleton
http://www.netherweb.com

Everyday
04-08-2004, 03:48 PM
We would be interested in looking at the technology.

megri
04-13-2004, 06:51 AM
How can we have trial of this

lelahosting
11-28-2004, 06:52 PM
i love cluster hosting..as in my opinion the more redudency the better

i'd say customers prefer it that way too..they dont want downtime..they want to be up 100% not 99.9%..

Khun
11-29-2004, 12:34 AM
i love cluster hosting..as in my opinion the more redudency the better

i'd say customers prefer it that way too..they dont want downtime..they want to be up 100% not 99.9%..
agreed, I need 100% uptime, I'm doing an online florist business, it's not good to have 0.01% down time on valentine day... ;)

dchman
11-29-2004, 04:23 AM
New trend?
I think ev1servers started offering low-cost clustering servers not so long ago.

Customers would pay if the cost is affordable. I think.

Bluesky94
11-02-2016, 05:06 AM
Clustered hosting is a type of web hosting that spreads the load of hosting across multiple physical machines, or node, increasing availability and decreasing the chances of one service (e.g., FTP or email) affecting another (e.g., MySQL). Many large websites run on clustered hosting solutions, for example, large discussion forums will tend to run using multiple front-end webservers with multiple back-end database servers.

william1194
11-04-2016, 05:32 AM
Typically, most hosting infrastructures are based on the paradigm of using a single physical machine to host multiple hosted services, including web, database, email, FTP and others. A single physical machine is not only a single point of failure, but also has finite capacity for traffic, that in practice can be troublesome for a busy website or for a website that is experiencing transient bursts in traffic.

bidaddy
05-08-2017, 02:45 AM
I've have been used it before . It's very good