PDA

View Full Version : 10 way to increase online conversion rates

mikehudson
06-07-2010, 04:11 AM
1. Show full contact information – Consumers are always looking for reassurance and to ensure the website from which they
are buying is genuine. By including full contact information the website is increasing its trust level.
2. Place your ‘privacy statement’ in a prominent place - Although 99.9% of your consumers won’t take the time to read your
privacy statement, the fact that it is there increases the website’s credibility.
3. Show 3rd party accreditation – If your businesses gained any 3rd party accreditation it means you’ve done something above
the line. Consumers are aware of this, which again can help increase credibility.
4. Show customer testimonials – User generated content such as reviews and testimonials can help improve conversion rates
because consumers can easily relate to problems and solutions as described by other consumers.

Optimize The Products:
5. Revise your call to action buttons – On the product or service level, ensure that you are always directing consumers to
take action. For example, ‘add to cart’ if you are selling online or ‘call us now’ if you are selling a service.
6. Show delivery charge – No one likes nasty surprises especially ‘additional charges’. Mentioning the full product price
with an estimated delivery cost will give consumers enough information and will reduce abandon basket rate.
7. Use quality images - Visual presentation is extremely important to aid in the sale of the product, just next to quality
product description.
8. Always compare your prices - Having high level of trust and good product placement won’t help increase conversion rates
if your prices are more expensive than your direct competitors, always do your research.

Optimize The Checkout Process:
9. Offer additional payment gateways - Some consumers prefer to pay by card, some by purchase order and some using PayPal.
By adding additional payment gateways you’ll cater for more consumers and increase the likelihood to convert.
10. Offer a ‘guest account’ – For some consumers the act of opening an account to make a purchase could be off-putting.
Consider introducing two accounts, normal account and guest account which only includes a payment form.

James cuck
06-07-2010, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the helpful information ! i must try it
craigslist search (http://www.allofcraigslist.com)

bermuda
06-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Useful points and I really liked the ones about customer testimonials plus simplifying the checkout processes as they are very important indeed. By adding to the websites credibility, using high quality development packs and offering competitive prices, better sales could be experienced.

nitin705
06-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Thanks for sharing useful information with us

georgedaney
06-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Hi Guys,

Its really informative.Great job dude.

George.

tb_docubit
06-17-2010, 02:15 PM
I am new SEO person and looking for great information about it like this one.

~ServerPoint~
06-18-2010, 04:17 AM
I am new SEO person and looking for great information about it like this one.

You got it. The thread is closed.