PDA

View Full Version : PPC Advertising vs. SEO

nicolasb86
06-13-2010, 03:41 PM
There are two ways to get traffic to any site. You can either get traffic to your website for free, such as SEO or you can use paid advertising; PPC (pay-per-click).

Often, there is a debate and constant warring between which strategy will be the best strategy to implement in exposing your site to the masses.

In actuality, Internet Marketing is a numbers game, and so the more targeted traffic you can get to your website, the more you will convert, and the more money you’ll make.

So which strategy is the best, free or paid?

Search Engine Optimization:

Free marketing strategies; such as SEO, are just as good as paid marketing, if not better. For example, when the majority of people go searching for information online, they go to Google or any other search engine and type in a phrase; such as “How to Cook and Clean”. The results they get back are divided into two parts, and that is Organic and Paid advertising. These differences are usually easy to identify. The organic results are listed on the left hand side and are listed 1-10 through a series of pages, while the paid are listed on the far right hand side.

When doing a search people will often decide which way is best to resolve their dilemma or situation, and most often people tend to use the free results. Thus, this is enough to indicate that if you want to get highly targeted and free traffic to your website it would be a good idea to get into the Organic results. However, many things are involved, including getting backlinks to your site, making sure you have the right keyword density, and optimizing your site. The downside to Search Engine Optimization is that in order to get your website ranked high, it can be very time consuming. This is a reason why many marketers choose to skip SEO and use Pay-Per-Click with Google Adwords, Bing, or Yahoo Overture.

PAY PER CLICK (PPC):

In short, Pay-Per-Click is when you tell Google; or any other company, how much you want to be charged every time your advertisement is clicked. The higher the amount that you set to be charged will often determine how high your website will rank in the search engines. On the other hand, if you set a low amount then your PPC may not give you good results.

The “pros” of PPC marketing is that it takes a small amount of time to get up and running, but the “con” is that you can not just set up a campaign and expect to make tons of money. PPC is a science and should be implemented with strategy, therefore doing the homework is crucial because if you don’t choose the right keywords and/or charges you could end up losing tons of money and FAST. So PPC takes skill, learning, and possibly experience to succeed.

In short, SEO is a great way for beginners to get a site ranked high in organic results. SEO may be frustrating but once you succeed with SEO the benefits are great. This is also true with PPC, but there is much more risk involved since your success is dependent on your money and skill. Overall, it’s necessary to research both SEO and PPC as much as possible before leaning upon either.

John Peterr
06-14-2010, 08:16 AM
we just can't say that which one is having edge over the other.

When the time and money matters, its definitely PPC is the best

Both of them requires skilled professionals, but the money you earn will be high in ppc compared to seo.

One thing i can say about this is

"more risk, more gain"

georgedaney
06-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Hi Guys,

I think PPC is the best.Thanks a lot for sharing.
George.

henderson791
06-15-2010, 12:43 PM
SEO optimization is not as easy as it might seem at first glance. You're it is not limited by adding references. Although find where to add links also need to know how. The same selection of keywords as it is for PPC. If you select the wrong keywords, all your work on the conclusion of your site in top search engines will not bring you success. As for the wrong keywords you choose, even from the first place you would not come any visitor.

-----------------------------------------------
Kerastase (http://www.styleunion.co.uk/kerastase-hair-care-products-m1-menu.html)
Kerastase Reflection (http://www.styleunion.co.uk/kerastase-reflection-m16.html)

tiresmokindad
06-23-2010, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=dollyy;36617]Getting a positive ROI with pay per click advertising also depends on the keywords you use in your pay per click campaigns. In addition, it is also very important to use the right text in your PPC ads.

Use the wrong texts or keywords and you can pay a fortune on pay per click ads without getting something back. Take a look at this Google AdWords book to find out how to optimize your Google PPC ads.

If done correctly, pay per click campaigns and natural search engine optimization (http://www.seocompanydirect.com/86.html) can both contribute greatly to your bottom line.
------------
I agree both should be taken into your business plan

stevetorres
06-26-2010, 04:58 AM
In PPC advertising brings traffic to a website through visitors clicking on an advert, every time the advert Is clicked a charge Is made to the advertiser.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is not just about building back links, It is a methods of creating traffic as well as increasing sites visibility and the search engine and yes It's much more than just content or back links.

ellehc
06-29-2010, 04:18 AM
Both PPC and SEO are good for site promotion it depends on how you work on it.

Reeze
08-30-2010, 02:36 AM
I would like to go for SEO because it is free if you know how to do it. Even if you are not familiar with SEO, I think it would still be cheaper if you hire one who can do the work for you than to do PPC advertising. Well, I guess if you really want to boost up your income go for both and you will surely succeed.

Nile Hadwards
08-31-2010, 12:37 AM
I agree with Reeze,you can do SEO yourself but If you need high ROI than you should go with PPC campaign!

marcushussey
09-06-2010, 08:12 AM
SEO is a long-term investment and free of cost while PPC will bring you cost of money. PPC provides the initial visibility promoting your site and then SEO supports further. A right combination of both can work well, if SEO done properly, the results can be very consistent.

bermuda
09-11-2010, 01:52 PM
They both are very great indeed and being used by the leading companies and professionals. By taking a look at the status of some top Google ranking websites, even if the ones that are found on the first page for some very hot and competitive keyterms you would find the webmasters using some Google AdWords options too because not 100% of web traffic is coming through the search engines and this is very important to note always.

faithbowen
09-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Both PPC & SEO are best marketing strategies, by doing SEO we can rank organic in SERP though it take time to retain top in search engine result page it retain there for some period of time, PPC is sponsered listing, we have to pay for that....

Mark Kate
09-16-2010, 06:04 AM
SEO can benefit both organic and PPC.

Obviously SEO improves search rankings thus improving potential traffic, but what is does for PPC is improve your quality score for the site your paying the traffic to go too. As PPC is an auction set up, you'll get cheaper clicks the better the SEO for the site is.

Maxy
02-09-2011, 04:09 AM
For me they are both good in generating traffic and improving site ranking.PPC is paid and SEO is free but both are good way for site promotion.SEO is a long-term investment and free of cost while PPC will bring you cost of money.

mikehudson
02-14-2011, 03:14 AM
It is gud if the campaign runs with Gud ROI, and also gud profits. everything depends on ROI which makes us gain or loss.

SEO: Riskfree, Long term process gets gud results

Sabrina Gage
02-14-2011, 04:11 AM
For long-term marketing campaign, SEO is free of charge and more trustworthy for us. I'd pay more attention to SEO.

zelthost
08-07-2011, 06:09 AM
Thanks for informatics post in PPC. It's get good traffic.

brian1234
09-15-2011, 09:10 AM
You have to invest lots amount of money for the marketing of your products in PPC programme.But in SEO you have create link for your websites and increase the visibility of your products through search engine.It is both economical and provides better result.

steveb123
10-20-2011, 08:53 AM
According to me the PPC and SEO both are different ways of marketing, because PPC is an Internet advertising model used to direct traffic to websites. I think is is more beneficial for commercial site where actual tranjection happen, it also can increase the selling of product and increase the audience interest because the website owner should pay the cost when the ad is clicked by user.

Now we discuss about SEO, it is a slow process but it can increase your SERP and organic traffic of the site. It is beneficial for both commeercial and information websites. There are different ways to represent your product by SEO.

tomseo
10-21-2011, 04:13 AM
PPC and SEO is the best marketing strategies by SEO, we can classify the organic SERP, although it takes time to keep it in the engine results search page to keep for some time, the PPC sponsored listing, we have to pay that ....

dtpdesigns
10-21-2011, 05:04 AM
PPC is costly. But would you like more traffic in site and improving ranking. So PPC best way.

Bizlibati
10-23-2011, 01:23 AM
For me they are both good in generating traffic and improving site ranking.PPC is paid and SEO is free but both are good way for site promotion.SEO is a long-term investment and free of cost while PPC will bring you cost of money.

Alyy
10-24-2011, 02:12 AM
SEO is a great way for beginners to get a site ranked high in the organic results. SEO can be frustrating, but once you succeed with SEO benefits are great. This is also true with PPC, but there is much more complicated risk to its success depends on your money and experience. In general, research is needed both SEO and PPC, as much as possible before moving on to both.

addamcarlyle
10-24-2011, 02:16 AM
If your page does not appear in the top 20 results of a search engine (which is pretty optimistic) likely will not get visitors through search engines, unless you pay for it. Many browsers, however, have a column on the right side of search results where you can purchase a "sponsored link", ie you can list their payment of a fee. This is what is known as Pay Per Click (PPC) or Google Adword

Systems, pay-per-click or pay-per-views "are based advertising model where the advertiser pays for every royal visit to receive through the system. In a search engine PPC, advertisers bid to get the top positions in the keywords of interest. The highest bid, along with other criteria, does the ad to appear at the top of the list of results, which (supposedly) that the web will have a greater number of visitors, while increasing the cost per visit.

samdorjey
10-24-2011, 06:11 AM
PPC has short term results and its costly but SEO is cost effective and have long termed results.

Upendraets
10-24-2011, 08:07 AM
PPC & SEO both are effective for sites traffic.....
the only intensive for doing this is Attract visitors

sabrinataylor83
10-24-2011, 10:34 AM
This information is very interesting, I really enjoyed, I would like get more information about this, because is very beautiful, thanks for sharing!

alasdair
10-26-2011, 01:22 AM
The major PPC systems currently operating in Spain are: Google Adwords, Espotting and Overture. All feed on "sponsored results" or "ad links" to the major search engines and web portals. Google, Overture and Espotting have programs to pay for visits that allow advertisers to select a set of keywords associated with a URL to direct visitors, custom titles and descriptions for each keyword, elements that appear in the results provided Google, Overture and Espotting as well as their respective networks of partners. No clutch, the order of advertisers in Google's case no longer depends only on the commitment of our advertisers, but other factors such as click-through rate ("Click-Through Rate" - CTR) of the ad.
The fundamental advantage of the system of "Pay per click" is its ability to provide almost immediate visibility to advertisers on major search engines and portals. Its disadvantage lies in its, in many cases, high cost and should be complemented by campaigns positioning results, "free" and profitability measurement systems.
How does Pay Per Click?

alastairebert
10-27-2011, 06:00 AM
Systems, pay-per-click or pay-per-views "are based advertising model where the advertiser pays for every royal visit to receive through the system. In a search engine PPC, advertisers bid to get the top positions in the keywords of interest. The highest bid, along with other criteria, does the ad to appear at the top of the list of results, which (supposedly) that the web will have a greater number of visitors, while increasing the cost per visit.

bertiecallum
10-31-2011, 03:25 AM
it is a slow process but it can increase your SERP and organic traffic of the site. It is beneficial for both commeercial and information websites. There are different ways to represent your product by SEO.

seocompany1998
10-31-2011, 05:29 AM
You have much to invest much money to market their products in SEO PPC programme.But create a link to their websites and increase the visibility of their products through research engine.It is economical and offers a better result.

clotildabacon
11-01-2011, 06:53 AM
Systems, pay-per-click or pay-per-views "are based advertising model where the advertiser pays for every royal visit to receive through the system. In a search engine PPC, advertisers bid to get the top positions in the keywords of interest.

abatedakes
11-10-2011, 12:54 AM
The fundamental advantage of the system of "Pay per click" is its ability to provide almost immediate visibility to advertisers on major search engines and portals. Its disadvantage lies in its, in many cases, high cost and should be complemented by campaigns positioning results, "free" and profitability measurement systems.
How does Pay Per Click?

hostingraja1
11-10-2011, 02:06 AM
Thank you very much for your great explanation about PPC & SEO. both are very much help to know about the SEO & PPC. i hope like this information you need to update without fail.

rahulkhanna
11-10-2011, 02:23 AM
I am agree with you what you say's here, SEO is more beneficial than PPC because it is free and very useful for new websites.

lennonjohn44
11-10-2011, 02:39 AM
A SEO program is extremely slow and very tedious to get going. If you don't know what you are doing it can cost upwards of $3,000 to have your site optimized. The good news about a SEO program is that you can learn how to optimize your site yourself. It takes trial and error to see what is working. It also takes knowledge of how search engines work to get them going correctly. I personally use LivePerson.com's live chat to watch the search terms for all of my sites in real time. Your server's log files will also help you with your search terms. You can bet your bottom dollar that if you do everything correctly a SEO program will take you 90 days just to start seeing results. In this case results mean getting targeted traffic. You need to have time and patience to give your SEO program a chance to work.

algernonbuck
11-14-2011, 05:45 AM
Pay per click advertising is one of the fastest ways to targeting prospective customers to your business products or services. A website can contract with one of the search engines, such as Google, Yahoo! or MSN and bid on keywords. When a person using the search engine enters one of the keywords in the search box, their ad pops up on the search results page as a sponsored ad. Here are some tips to make sure your ad is seen above your competition.

ajaykr86
11-14-2011, 06:38 AM
both are good for ads

aloysiusbarb
11-15-2011, 02:26 AM
In the offline days long before the World Wide Web and PPC (Pay per click) ads came along, publishers as well as radio and TV stations experimented with something called PPO (pay per order) and PPR (pay per response) or PPL (pay per lead) advertising. As the names suggest, these were ads where the advertisers either paid per lead generated or order generated. But the truth is that these ads never really took off and were never widely accepted.

frankcastle
11-15-2011, 05:02 AM
I have very different view and always go through current statistics. You don't have to pay much for SEO. And once your are listed in google SERP . Thereafter just bring quality one way quality links to your site.

But in the case of PPC, it is very difficult to keep track of fradulent clicks. and your competitors may bring you at loss. and end up paying huge bucks.

baldwincaren
11-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Pay per click advertising is one of the fastest ways to targeting prospective customers to your business products or services. A website can contract with one of the search engines, such as Google, Yahoo! or MSN and bid on keywords. When a person using the search engine enters one of the keywords in the search box, their ad pops up on the search results page as a sponsored ad. Here are some tips to make sure your ad is seen above your competition.

carenberg
11-17-2011, 05:34 AM
PPC advertising is a very trickey thing. If you haven't tried a PPC campaign before then here are 10 things you should know before venturing forth. I had spent a fortune on google adwords before I knew what I was doing and to say the least I wish I knew then what I know now because I would have saved myself alot of money. Anyways here's 10 things to keep in mind when your start a PPC campaign.

VijendraDiwakar
11-17-2011, 08:09 AM
nicolasb86 , First of all i would like to thanks to you for giving me useful information.

Lambert2011
11-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks for sharing the informative information. According to my professional experience I would like to recommend SEO which is more beneficial and low cost as well.

steveschmidt85
11-17-2011, 08:24 AM
SEO is long term but free while PPC is also good if you have good budget

kevenrussell292
11-22-2011, 01:41 AM
I would go for SEO, since it is free if you know how. Even if you are not familiar with SEO, I would still be cheaper if you hire someone who can do the job for you than for PPC advertising.

randyhall12
12-10-2011, 01:52 AM
SEO is most preferred as it is long term and without any charge but for PPC ads you need to pay on every single click. PPC can give you initial visibility.

kevinsmith251
01-21-2012, 04:52 AM
It is a long-term, can be without any charge, the most preferred SEO as PPC advertising you need to pay for all with a single click. PPC can give you your first visibility.

arleenpatterson
03-12-2012, 12:36 AM
SEO is easy and anyone can handle it. If you are familiar with it then do it yourself. PPC is a thing that can be more effective if outsourced.

jonascox111
03-20-2012, 12:09 AM
SEO is a lasting asset and free of charge as PPC will transport you charge of cash. PPC provides the first visibility promoting your site and then SEO supports additional.

luisbalke447
03-21-2012, 01:47 AM
Traffic is something that varies from website to website and therefore it is very important to know what suits you the best in order to get your best. You will certainly find a lot of answers from here.

luisbalke447
03-24-2012, 01:38 AM
Traffic is something that varies from website to website and therefore it is very important to know what suits you the best in order to get your best. You will certainly find a lot of answers from here.

sam051
03-26-2012, 01:38 AM
In compression of ppc and seo now ppc is better than seo because in ppc all earning only via click.

danish00
03-26-2012, 02:26 AM
That's very nice descriptions about seo and ppc but I want to know which is the best ppc or seo. in my view, seo is better than ppc. what's your opinion about this?

jeenydisoza
03-26-2012, 05:11 AM
PPC (Pay Per Click) is use for increase traffic for your website. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is use for increase traffic and also get backlink. PPC provide paid and inorganic traffic. SEO Provide free, organic and natural traffic.

stuartweston64
05-04-2012, 12:19 AM
For small to medium-sized Web sites, search engines are the most important source of traffic. Unfortunately, getting noticed in the search engines isn't an easy job.