PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrisy?

Ludite
01-27-2006, 02:15 AM
I saw a story on HostSearch yesterday (http://www.hostsearch.com/news/cjbnet_news_4030.asp) about a company that put Adware on unsuspecting users' computers. Isn't that what all the big boys (Microsoft, Google, etc.) are doing to a lesser degree? Why pick on these guys? Isn't that what 'profiled' and 'targetted' advertising is all about?

Bluesky94
11-02-2016, 05:09 AM
Hypocrisy is the contrivance of a false appearance of virtue or goodness, while concealing real character or inclinations, especially with respect to religious and moral beliefs; hence in general sense, dissimulation, pretense, sham. It is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one’s own expressed moral rules and principles.

alpa
11-03-2016, 07:46 AM
I agree with this post.

rosestorm
11-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Hypocrisy is the contrivance of a false appearance of virtue or goodness, while concealing real character or inclinations, especially with respec" i dont hear about it .

william1194
11-04-2016, 05:28 AM
Hypocrisy is the contrivance of a false appearance of virtue or goodness, while concealing real character or inclinations, especially with respect to religious and moral beliefs; hence in general sense, dissimulation, pretense, sham. It is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another. In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one’s own expressed moral rules and principles.

bidaddy
05-08-2017, 02:46 AM
Hypocrisy is the contrivance of a false appearance of virtue or goodness, while concealing real character or inclinations, especially with respect to religious and moral beliefs; hence in general sense, dissimulation, pretense, sham