PDA

View Full Version : SupremeNetworks.net - fake?

Wuzzie
01-27-2006, 11:25 PM
I found the host Supreme Network (http://supremenetwork.net/) and I think it's fake for these reasons:
- They have really good prices ($25/year Unlimited space, bandwidth, email, etc)
- The images they use can be easily found on google and iStock Photo.
- thier design looks farmiliar (Could be a free deign?)
- When I search on google for snipits of text they use I get around 300 results.
- There is one review here, and it gives it full ratings.

Does anybody know if this site is real or not? If it is I'd love to sign up for it, but It sounds a bit sketchy. If somebody can prove that it is fake, then it should be removed from this site.

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, I accidentally named it SupremeNetworkss in the title, it has no S.

Wh-Thedore
01-28-2006, 04:21 PM
It sound defently suspicious ,Did you do a whois on it?
If i was You i would not Come near that host
you might wanna stick with the larger hosts :).
Phil.

SNetwork
01-30-2006, 02:49 PM
Hi. This is the owner of supremenetwork.net.
We saw this thread and would like to point out that we are a real webhosting company, with servers located in a datacenter in Orlando, FL.
The server pictures are bought from a legemit website selling images, and the rest of the graphics are made by a freelance web designer, and is NOT, or should not be on other sites on the internet.

If you have any knowlegde of our graphics being used on other sites, please email us at: http://www.supremenetwork.net/contact.php.

We hope this has cleared any questions you might have about our buisness or hosting plans.

Best regards to all of you,
Supreme Network Support.

Ps. Unlike other web hosts in here, we DO NOT review our own services.
You might see many reviews on some of the web hosts in host search indexes like this onee, and think its all good because of their reviews, but unfortantly in many cases the company have just bought alot of domain names and set up accounts for them, and reviewed them self.

Thought you might like to know that.

DreamHowler
02-03-2006, 07:54 PM
I was a little reluctant at first due to the simple website, but I signed up anyway. I figured that even if it was fake, I would only loose 20 bucks. I actually found a coupon that was for 20 dollars a year, so I signed up. They are a real host, that I can guarantee. I have been with them since December of last year.

Dream Howler :cool:

ilter
03-03-2006, 03:37 AM
I sent these emails to sales department of this host.

In your website it's written that if we pay $5.50 per month we will have "unlimited" webspace with "unlimited" bandwidth. We are about to run a big project (photography sharing website) on web in which our users will have 1GB disk space. We plan to have tousands of users in long turn which means approximately GBs of disk space. In short term we will not probably be using more than 40-50 GBs. If our business grows will we have a chance to get a dedicated server in your data center or will we have to tranfer our account? Is there a guarantee, for example if all our data is lost will there be a backup or will we be in a sudden sitation of bankruptcy? I don't mean to be offensive, but as you know we should deal with a trustable server company.

We are waiting for answer. Nowadays we plan to run 3 more projects and try to find a host. Please answer our last email as soon as possible.

ilter
03-07-2006, 05:30 AM
FYI:
They sent me the following message yesterday:

You will proberply need a dedicated server with a 10 mbit dedicated line for that
project. We are not selling dedicated hosting at the moment, but it will proberply
run you like $150 a month for a server like that.
Our Unlimited plan is £12.50 yearly.
If you have any other questions do not hessitate to contact us again.
Best Regards,
Supreme Network Sales.

SNetwork
04-18-2006, 07:06 AM
FYI:
They sent me the following message yesterday:

You will proberply need a dedicated server with a 10 mbit dedicated line for that
project. We are not selling dedicated hosting at the moment, but it will proberply
run you like $150 a month for a server like that.
Our Unlimited plan is £12.50 yearly.
If you have any other questions do not hessitate to contact us again.
Best Regards,
Supreme Network Sales.
------------------------------------------------
This costumer wanted to open a site like rapidshare.de, that uses more than one server for their project. A project like that would never be able to run and become an success, without having at least a couple of servers, as its a site where people only upload and download very large files.
To not disappoint you or trick you into purchasing a plan with us, we told you about the reality about running a service like that witch requres tons of ram and a private line to become a success.
As far as we know rapidshare.de started out with just two dedicated servers, one for their normal site and one for their mirror site.

Supreme Network Team.

---------------------------------------
Ps: From Rapidshare.de's web site:

RapidShare, the world's biggest (over 15 million files uploaded!) and fastest (45 Gigabit/s up/down!) 1-click file-hoster.
Burning the net with 360 Terabytes of hard-drive capacity right now and growing! Millions of users just can't be wrong.
Get your own PREMIUM-ACCOUNT to use ALL advantages of RapidShare!

jovvi
05-23-2006, 02:35 AM
I have a website hosted with them. They are definitely a genuine hosting company.

From their TOS: (http://supremenetwork.net/tos.php)

"Unlimited Accounts: Unlimited Accounts are indeed unlimited. These accounts are not to be used to host a collection of MP3's, Warez, Backup Your Home Computer. They accounts may also not be used as a download distribution point for your bundled software. It is to be used for standard web practices and only standard web practices. If you have a questionable concern open a ticket with the helpdesk. http://www.helpdesk.servertransporter.com If you know your site is going to use an un-normal usage, and sign up knowing this, we will require you to get a dedicated server. If you have any questions in regards to this contact our helpdesk. Un-Normal usage is anything that a shared server would not be able to provide. Again Contact us for approval if you feel you will fall into this clause."

"Our accounts operate on shared resources. Excessive use or abuse of these shared network resources by one customer may have a negative impact on all other customers. Misuse of network resources in a manner which impairs network performance is prohibited by this policy and may result in termination of your account.

You are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including CPU time, memory, disk space and session time. You may not use resource-intensive programs which negatively impact other customers or the performances of our resources. We reserves the right to terminate or limit such activities. Including demanding content like video and the like."

In other words, the unlimited accounts are subject to a 'reasonable use' requirement, just like every other 'unlimited' service I've seen.

Unregistered
08-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Can't be bothered to register here but supreme network have annoyed me to hell and back.... they do provide us with hosting, however their support is crap ! There is a problem with oscommerce.... a setting on their servers in the default php.ini is set to off, but oscommerce needs it on. So its a problem affecting every single installation of oscommerce on their servers (unless the user installs a patch that then makes it impossible to use other contributions!). They have failed to do anything about this or even reply to my tickets concerning the matter. Quite bad considering they advertise that they have oscommerce, and even have a service where they will install oscommerce for you at extra charge (i bet users get annoyed when they log into their new accounts, see something called fantastico, and be like oohh whats this!) .

I know this is an old post, but in the user login section it says....

"02-01-2006
In Hostsearch.com's user forums...
Someone have written that Supreme Network is
not a real hosting company
at Hostsearch.com.
And because all of our users KNOW we are a
real hosting company,
that provides real services, we would be
very happy if you would go and write
a comment at the thread located here: "

i just thought it was funny. i know its old, but its funny.

AVOID THIS COMPANY. until they sort out my problems :-p

SecureServerTec
08-28-2006, 08:49 PM
well, anything in space, bandwidth, and transfer that is unlimited is a scam and bullcrap. I dont want to go into it, the discussion has been made 1000 times before. You get the hosting, start using a busy site or use the space you will see what happens.
And as far as them not changing any configuration for a customer most big places are like that. It also proves they are too big of an idiot to use php admin flags.
I have a cpanel and direct admin server but I would have to say for developers and special needs customers direct admin is the way to go because it has an excellent virtual host setup and it is not as restrictive and highly configurable.

But any server admin with common sense should be able to accommodate to a small php configuration like that for a customer,
You get what you pay for.
Anything unlimited is a scam, plain and simple.
You use a high traffic site with around 200-400 users online using 500-1000gb transfer a month they will cancel you sure as hell.
If they say they wouldnt they are full of it. Usually these unlimited sellers have a clause about 10% resource usage, this itself contradicts them.
They sure as hell do not have unlimited bandwidth, transfer, and space from their datacenter, what makes you think they would really give it to you?

NS-Icon
08-29-2006, 01:08 AM
I have a cpanel and direct admin server but I would have to say for developers and special needs customers direct admin is the way to go because it has an excellent virtual host setup and it is not as restrictive and highly configurable.

Firstly, could you please ensure you don’t self-advertise any more :) obviously your views and recommendations are biased towards directAdmin and cPanel based hosting. There are plenty of control panels out there which offer just as much security, reliability and simplicity as cPanel and DirectAdmin, at the end of the day its usually down to what the client prefers, especially if the client has used a specific control panel in the past with a previous host.

Don’t forget, the customer is king :)

With regards to un-metered / unlimited bandwidth hosting packages offered by hosting companies, this tends to be a misleading form of marketing which easily attracts many clients who are new or have little knowledge of hosting due to the massive amounts of bandwidth / disk space offered. Clients tend to learn the hard way what’s too good to be true, usually is.

Unregistered
08-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Still can't be bothered to register ;)
I'm aware that unlimited is never really unlimited. I decided to go for supreme network because one they allow adult content which is important for my site ;) and with my other host, im always using about half a gig more than my allowance... i dont use alot of bandwidth, its just that with the "unlimited" they would be less picky about 1/2 gig differences. They also have" unlimited" everything else that you can have amounts of in Cpanel. And their package has fantastico and stuff.... and I'm lazy ;) The idea was to use supreme host while the site is just starting out then change to something more realiable and obviously more expensive when the time comes. Currently looking for a new host but hey for £12 i didnt really lose out on much. Probably just time and effort ;)