PDA

View Full Version : Domain name more important than content?

ndrewstrauss
07-22-2010, 01:11 AM
I own a site that displays classified ads. I worked on it for a year before launching it. Although I did a lot of work on it, I still can’t overcome one problem. The irrelevance of the domain name! It is making it very tough for me to get noticed.

Should I create another site and have my original site redirected to it? I could create a site with a relevant domain name for SEO and retain the old site for easy access? I really need some help and would appreciate any opinions on this matter.

ellehc
07-23-2010, 02:37 AM
What is your domain name and niche?

vanilla23
07-27-2010, 04:17 AM
i think content is more important than domain name.

seo india company (http://www.uptraffic.com)

vigorandrik
07-28-2010, 09:24 AM
As far as it depends on the niche of your website. What are you going to develop on your site? And also it for all time goes for .com extension and if .com is not obtainable then it select .net, .biz or .org

bermuda
07-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Domain names are not that big concerns actually because nowadays by taking a look at the front page of Google for some very competitive terms, you would find a lot of sites whose domains may not tell you anything about their ranges of activity. As long as the websites are enjoying some top rankings status, there is nothing to worry about even if the domains used are strange.

bornhaddin
07-30-2010, 12:23 PM
The keywords in the domain have a high weight. As if any site or blog has the similar keyword in its domain then it is possibility that it obtains highly searched by the users.

Jerin
07-30-2010, 11:51 PM
In my opinion content is more important than domain name

hunter jordan
08-02-2010, 05:55 AM
The keywords in the domain have a high weight. As if any site or blog has the similar keyword in its domain then it is possibility that it obtains highly searched by the users.

There is no denying the fact that keywords in the domain used to be a very powerful way to be the first in Google SERPs for those keywords.

However search engines are reported (or rather expected) to be putting less and less emphasis on keywords in domain names for two reasons:

this has been abused by spammers registering hundreds of “long-tail” domains to rank them for exact match;
today it is almost impossible to get hold of any “exact match” domains that wouldn’t be too long or pointless.