PDA

View Full Version : What are the important factors for SEO onsite optimisation?

mycoolgirl
07-26-2010, 12:37 AM
Hi all – I’ve been trying to learn SEO and would like to know what are the most important factors to be considered for onsite SEO?
Thanks in advance

hunter jordan
08-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Hi all – I’ve been trying to learn SEO and would like to know what are the most important factors to be considered for onsite SEO?
Thanks in advance

Hey,

I would suggest to go through various threads of this forum and I'm sure you will get to know a lot.

Jerin
08-03-2010, 12:24 AM
The most important factors as to my knowledge are your page

titles
meta description
meta keywords
internal linking
keywords density
usage of latent symentic indexing
sitemaps
robots.txt
alt tags for images

preeti28
08-03-2010, 07:42 AM
hi

how r you
i am also trying to learn SEO
If you got the answer then pls forward to me also

royal
08-12-2010, 03:41 AM
I agree with jerin post in which all the main on-page factors already mentioned. You can search more about it on internet.

ellehc
09-02-2010, 05:48 AM
Onsite SEO is manipulating the content of the website keywords, meta description and meta tags. It is one of important in seo onsite seo techniques help in the proper indexing of website pages.

stevemack
09-02-2010, 07:41 AM
First.. go with Titles and Meta Description.
Need good Internal Linking for the website.
XML Sitemap and Robots.txt - Need to be very careful while creating XML & check robots.txt.
Alt and Title tags for images - to describe what it is.

ahsima
09-03-2010, 01:21 AM
Hi,
work on the Meta title, description and keywords and H tags. It plays major role in SEO.

Then submit your site to major search engines, web directories, business directories, Social Networking sites, Participate in blog commenting, forum discussion, two way link exchange with related sites, etc will help you out.

colton1237
09-04-2010, 07:18 AM
I have been trying to learn SEO and would like to know what are the most important factors to be considered for onsite seo.

lany
09-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Title tag is the most important factor in on-page optimization. Search engines like Google gives priority to title tag when determine your site keywords.

bermuda
09-11-2010, 10:57 AM
It is recommended to ass the keywords to the websites title tags, H items, Images Alt attributes and also the contents of domains because these are the sections used to tell what subjects the websites are covering actually. Of course it is possible to find some websites with poor on page optimization scores but since they are powered by lots of backlinks, their rankings could be very strong.

Jazz
09-14-2010, 02:30 AM
Definition: Search engine optimization is a process where in a seo professional makes a site suitable for search engine to index and rank high. Ranking is always related to topic and the website responds to search terms which match its topic. You cannot create a website purely on hotels and hope it to rank high on tour operator keywords.

The technique involves on page and off page optimization. In on page optimization one edits a site in order for it to be crawled and indexed on right terms. Many factors are taken into consideration such that compatibility with browsers and different operating systems is assured first. Other factor that ranks very high in level of importance is the download speed of the site. How fast a site downloads into the browser depends upon many factors. These could be number of queries sent, image weight, client site includes, coding and programming.

For a site to perform well on competitive all round development is important. The first step is how good website programming and coding is? Speed and compatibility are then taken into consideration. Another important aspect of on site optimization is right formatting, adding correct title and Meta tags and unique informative contents. The site architecture plays a part as well. Web compatible, information rich and user friendly are key qualities that a good on page optimization exercise should result in.

Content creation is very important since it can make or break a site on SERPs. Theming and siloing are techniques that improve the topicality of the site. This informs the search engines correctly what the site is about and hence achieves top rankings on those search terms. The content creation should be relational and should not stray away from the main topic.

The greatest challenge in on page optimization is tackling two related topics that fall in same category but are different in sub category. One example is tea and coffee both are hot beverage but are entirely different products. It would be better for the designer to create two sites for each. But sometimes cost constraints and other factors discourage website owners to go for two sites. In such cases it is the skill of optimizer that counts in order to rank the site on two diverse search terms effectively.

On page optimization is a must in order to rank high on chosen keywords. The above factors will determine how effectively your site ranks of search engine result pages of major search engines.

Off page optimization follows on page optimization that is instrumental in web saturation and referral building using social networking portals and social bookmarking.

Both the exercises whence conducted effectively results in online success. Seo depends upon the professionals experience, analytical ability and understanding of how the search engines index and rank a site as done by their algorithms.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________
Drupal Forums (http://www.internetforumhub.com/category/drupal/)

brainpulse
09-14-2010, 03:31 AM
The most important factors as to my knowledge are your page

titles
meta description
meta keywords
internal linking
keywords density
usage of latent symentic indexing
sitemaps
robots.txt
alt tags for images

good suggestion, I have one concern how i can check my latent symentic indexing and how does SE focus on it.

~ServerPoint~
09-14-2010, 04:24 AM
I believe you need to know some secrets to get ahead with SEO.

jhonybravo222
03-16-2012, 06:12 AM
Title tags
Meta tags
Alt tags for images
Content
Frequency of keywords
keyword density
H1,H2 tags
Sitemap
301 redirects

ashish123
03-16-2012, 07:58 AM
hi,
important fector for onpage optimisation are 1.write meta tag
2.keyword research
3.generate robots.txt file
4.generate sitemap.xml file
5.generate web master tools
etc.

rafijaan
03-16-2012, 08:58 AM
The main point in onsite optimization is the content (content is a king) it has to be new and original,
the colour of the website must be clean and only 1 or 2 colour must be used.