PDA

View Full Version : What is Link Farming?

pprince951
10-27-2010, 11:49 AM
What is Link Farming?

stevemack
10-28-2010, 02:09 AM
A page/website site containing n number of links with out any specific category or unorganized.

~ServerPoint~
10-29-2010, 04:33 AM
Thread is moved

Click SSL
10-29-2010, 05:22 AM
When we exchange links at a large scale its called link farming.

It's all well and good to know that you shouldn't link to link farms, but how do you know if a site is one or not? My general rule is to think about how I'd feel if I clicked a link and landed on the page - if I thought I'd be annoyed, I won't link to it. Regardless of whether it's a link farm or just an annoying site. But there are some things that can tip you that the site isn't a good idea to link to. For one thing, if they solicit you asking you to post 100+ links on your site, don't do it. They're essentially asking you to turn your site into a link farm, which will get you banned from Google.

terah14
10-29-2010, 05:32 AM
The process of exchanging reciprocal links with websites to increase search engine optimization. A link farm is a Web page that is nothing more than a page of links to other sites. The main aim of link farming is the number of sites that linking to yours because search engines such as Google rank sites based on.

GeraldC
10-30-2010, 03:09 AM
A link farm is any group of web sites that all hyperlink to every other site in the group. Although some link farms can be created by hand, most are created through automated programs and services. A link farm is a form of spamming the index of a search engine.

enhancerank
11-03-2010, 06:02 AM
Link Farming means participating in link exchanges with other sites which are unrelated and has content which is not related to your site.

ellehc
11-18-2010, 04:51 AM
Link farming is a irrelevant link.

Rachele
11-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Link farm is a group of website in the internet which that all hyperlink to every other websites in that specific web group. Although some link farms can be created by hand, most are created through automated programs and services.

charcoal
11-23-2010, 09:03 AM
For link farming is frequently used IP C classes

shanewaatson
11-28-2010, 04:28 PM
When we exchange links at a large scale its called link farming.

It's all well and good to know that you shouldn't link to link farms, but how do you know if a site is one or not? My general rule is to think about how I'd feel if I clicked a link and landed on the page - if I thought I'd be annoyed, I won't link to it. Regardless of whether it's a link farm or just an annoying site. But there are some things that can tip you that the site isn't a good idea to link to. For one thing, if they solicit you asking you to post 100+ links on your site, don't do it. They're essentially asking you to turn your site into a link farm, which will get you banned from Google.

nice reply, i appreciate your answer.

robwilley7
06-13-2011, 08:07 AM
In Search Engine Optimisation It's all well and good to know that you shouldn't link to link farms, but how do you know if a site is one or not? My general rule is to think about how I'd feel if I clicked a link and landed on the page - if I thought I'd be annoyed, I won't link to it. Regardless of whether it's a link farm or just an annoying site. But there are some things that can tip you that the site isn't a good idea to link to. For one thing, if they solicit you asking you to post 100+ links on your site, don't do it. They're essentially asking you to turn your site into a link farm, which will get you banned from Google.

schwa
06-14-2011, 02:18 AM
It is the website where visitors can add links abundantly! It is regarded as an unmoral way to add links of their websites!

paulxavier
06-14-2011, 05:20 AM
Link farming is one of the most popular forms of Black Hat SEO used in the past. It is a form of spamdexing in which any group of websites are used by other websites to get links. However, other than as a form of spamdexing, other link farms or link exchange systems are designed to allow individual websites to selectively exchange links with other relevant websites

demianfleming
07-07-2011, 08:57 AM
As I know that Link farms are considered as spam and will not do any good to blog of yours So stay away from it. Link farms were known at the time that helps the site is the best, but is not dangerous, because Google has refined hatred link farms. But as we are discussing about that here so I would also like to say that A link farm is a site created for the sole purpose of increasing link popularity of other sites, increasing the number of inbound links to these sites.

yourmobisite
07-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Hello..

link farm is any group of sites that all hyperlink to every other website in the group to increase search engine optimization.

brainpulse
07-08-2011, 08:34 AM
The process of exchanging reciprocal links with Web sites in order to increase search engine optimization. The idea behind link farming is to increase the number of sites that link to yours because search engines such as Google rank sites according to, among other things, the quality and quantity of sites that link to yours. In theory, the more sites that link to yours, the higher your ranking in the search engine results will be because the more links indicate a higher level of popularity among users of the Internet. However, search engines such as Google consider link farming as a form of spam and have been implementing procedures to banish sites that participate in link farming, so the term link farming has garnered negative connotations across the Internet.

jonathan cole
07-08-2011, 09:06 AM
when any page or website have many irrelevant link, search engine call it as link farm. Or If any site offering many links to other of different theme easily it called link farming.

thesslstore
07-11-2011, 06:03 AM
a link farm is any group of web sites that all hyperlink to every other site in the group. Although some link farms can be created by hand, most are created through automated programs and services. A link farm is a form of spamming the index of a search engine (sometimes called spamdexing or spamexing). Other link exchange systems are designed to allow individual websites to selectively exchange links with other relevant websites and are not considered a form of spamdexing.

alfiebrock
09-29-2011, 03:05 PM
The process of exchanging reciprocal links with other websites in order to increase search engine optimization. A link farm is a web page or set of websites that contain a very large list of links to different websites without groups, categories or no relation to the site domain name. They are typically a long list of related links. Some link farms are created networks sites contain numerous links to others.

tech.biztech
09-30-2011, 12:39 AM
In simple, the website which contain the content which will be in the form of text, image etc. That will not be absorbing and the site that repeat the content on same topic unnecessary only to accumulate people will be treated as Link Forming.