PDA

View Full Version : Accuburst hosting! - a joke

commandosonline
03-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Hi guys,

Just to let you know of another host that should be avoided if possible:

www.accuburst.com

I have been hosted with them on a 3 month deal (to test there services)

In the 3 months so far that my site has been with them they have 3 times deleted my databases by mistake!!

locked me out of cpanel for over 1 week

when they did finally fix my site via one of there backups the database was over a month old and didnt have my mods in it!

i re-upped my own back! and they DELETED THAT ONE!!

after all this, i asked them to restore my cpanel access so i could download my files and leave, which they did after 3 days of asking!

thats just the first MONTH!!

just after they gave me access they announced on there forums they had big problems with XY and Z and said sorry blah blah, so i figure ok, give them another chance.

after 2 days my site goes offline AGAIN!! and i call there support line:

thanks for calling accuburst, were sorry were to busy with other members right now, please leave a message.

i did, and never ever EVER heard from them!! i left over 10 messages i called them from Germany and my own expense and they dont answer!!

so i get someone online from tech, called Jim

his comments to all my questions:

send in a support ticket.

after over 17 tickets!! i send one more saying last f**** request and they answer it! with your site is FINE!!

in short:

there hosting is rubbish

there service is rubbish

if you go to my site right now its DOWN!! www.commandos-online.net

and the report from my outside moniter:

City Country # Uptime Downtime
San Francisco United States 15 86.667% 13.333%

thats for the month of march so far!

downtime 13%!! not including today LOL

stay away from them.

RackSlash
03-11-2006, 03:34 AM
I saw some like that kind of thread and post on WHT..

commandosonline
03-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Just to give you an update:

i left accuburst and joined a good company who have been really helpful, and are rated highly here.

the problem now is accuburst registered my domain name for me, and now are refusing to re-point it for me, they wont answer my phone calls or emails for support.

Does anyone know any way i can get my domain name back from them? its mine i paid for it, but according to whois.com i cant re-point it, accuburst have too, and well, they wont.

this is really really frustrating and its harming my bizz badly, so if anyone knows anyway for me to get this done i would be gratfull for your help.

there are many bad posts recently on many forums in ref to accuburst, when i started with them to when i am trying to end with them nothing but issues, for your own sanity, stay away.

commandosonline
03-11-2006, 12:55 PM
look here is a live chat session with there TECH SUPPORT!!

they CUT ME OFF!!!!

chris: domain transfer still not done

You are now speaking with Jim of Technical Support.

chris: hey jim, we meet again :)

chris: i asked support yesterday to move my domain name and they havent, can you see why not please?

Jim: We will look into it and update you

chris: now see jim, thats what i got yesterday, its not good enough, all i want is the domain sent outta your site and to my new REAL host did you turn my site off today??

chris: www.commandos-online.net?

chris: hello?

Jim: once you change the name servers it will be redirected

chris: ok you see I CANT accubust regit it and wont move it, this is what ive been asking for for two days!

chris: for every hour you delay me, i post these messages

chris: http://forums.hostsearch.com/showthread.php?t=1577

chris: thats one of 7 companies so far

Jim: o

Jim: ok

chris: and im copying this transmission as well

Jim: ok

chris: as proof of accubursts crap service, i asked for my domain to be transffered, and you guys dont even know it lol

chris: when will my domain be moved

chris: you were quick to turn my site off, so you obviously got my request!

chris: so why not move my domain ??

Jim: Have you send a mail to billing@accuburst.com ?

chris: yes

chris: and to support

chris: and now im sick of it

chris: your tech support, change my domain thats all i want

Jim: we will be updating you at the earliest

Your party has left this session.

chris: no no, you've said that before, WHEN will my domain be chanfed

commandosonline
03-11-2006, 01:30 PM
it really does, to be able to show you how bad they are.

after they cut me off, i got hold of them again and here is the transcript of the convo:

chris: you cut me off why? were not finished yet

chris: why'd you cut me off?

chris: when will my domain be moved?

chris: this is gonna look good, you ignoring me, really, why not just do what i requested and have done, you might not like your bizz to succeed but i do, so please just reply in writting WHEN are you going to move my domain to the nameserver i request? do you even know what i requested?

chris: lol you really dont like your customers do you?? ANSWER ME FFS!

chris: if your wondering, yeah im still here :)

chris: its only been 20 mins since you started ignoring me :)

chris: *looks at his watch and see's now 30 minutes*
your potentail customers will love reading this, you do accuburst really proud :)

chris: are you going for a record?

chris: well jim, its been a pleasure wasting my time as well as yours, im just glad fututre clients of yours will be able to read this transcript and avoid your services :)
after all whats 45 minutes after waiting 2 days LOL, im taking this further

its up to you if you use them or not, but dont say you were not warned.

commandosonline
03-13-2006, 04:35 AM
just another update,

they still havent moved my domain name and are not answer the phone / emails

take a look at my first posts date, and this date, see how good they are??

what a joke!!

commandosonline
03-13-2006, 08:28 AM
This should defo be a sticky LOL, these people are SHARKS! they give hosting a bad name!!

chris: is my domain ready to be transfered

Jim: Hello

Jim: How may i help you today

chris: hey Jim, is my request being done?

Jim: Can you please let me know your domain name

Jim: ?

chris: www.commandos-online.net

chris: ?

chris: are you there?

chris: hello ??

commandosonline
03-17-2006, 04:32 AM
LOL,

just another update for you potentail customers!

i cancelled my account with accuburst over 10 days ago, and look,

they still BILL YOU!

Hello Chris Law,

Your invoice 1171 in the amount of $29.85 has been processed and approved.

-------------------------
Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXX
------------------------

NOTE: You will see a charge from ModernGigabyte, LLC for this transaction.

Thank you,

AccuBURST
http://www.accuburst.com/
Generated by AccuBURST

ashish
03-24-2006, 03:48 AM
yeah.. i dont think that AccuBurst have been having a very good time, i saw a another customer complaining about them in some other forum....

shannon vettes
08-21-2006, 10:13 AM
I've posted similar posts & am reviewing negatively EVERYWHERE I can find to save people from the money-trap that IS accuburst. Check webhostingtalk.com for other complaints about them.

good luck. contact the Better Business Bureau if you want to get your $ back.
-Shannon

TomH
08-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Accuburst is real nice about refunds -- once, i accidentall y purchased two hosting packages. Within the 30 days advertised in their refund policy, i had my money back.

Anyhow, learn more about why accuburst has been very good for my needs here:
http://forums.hostsearch.com/showthread.php?t=2421&highlight=accuburst

- tom

WireNine
08-24-2006, 01:04 AM
chris: for every hour you delay me, i post these messages

chris: http://forums.hostsearch.com/showthread.php?t=1577

Is threatening the company the right method to get your way? :rolleyes: :(

NS-Icon
08-24-2006, 04:04 AM
Accuburst is real nice about refunds -- once, i accidentall y purchased two hosting packages. Within the 30 days advertised in their refund policy, i had my money back.

Anyhow, learn more about why accuburst has been very good for my needs here:
http://forums.hostsearch.com/showthread.php?t=2421&highlight=accuburst

- tom

TomH, I have once again requested you to provide the domain name associated with your hosting account at Accuburst. Please provide this before making any further recommendations.

El Newbo
08-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Come on guys - don't be shy! Come up with the domains. A quick trip to www.dnsstuff.com and everyone is happy!

polymorphs
08-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Commandosonline - trust me it could be worse.
I signed up with them a week ago (and yes I am an idiot for only checking the forums now - foolishly I just read some of the 'reviews' on some hosting sites and not the forums) and so far I have discovered:
1. That my domain name hasn't even been registered.
2. I have received no email with my logon details for cpanel, or an IP etc etc - only the one to log into my accuburst account.
3. My credit card has been billed
4. when I log into my account I can't change my billing details or personal details as 'access is denied'
5. They have removed the abiltity to cancel the account (unless I am missing something big) and hence access the 30 day money back guarantee
6. no response to emails and so far no one has actually been online to answer live enquiries.

Looks like I am out $100 and time to actually do some research now.

Cheers

TomH
09-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Just to let everyone know, Ive confiemd my customer status with NS-Icon. :-)

As Ive said before, accuburst is really a great host. Their service is terrific!

- tom

Martie
09-09-2006, 05:19 PM

As Ive said before, accuburst is really a great host. Their service is terrific!

- tom

Hi TomH,
Sorry but its abit strange that SO MANY other clients are clearly having trouble with this company but they are terrific for you. Dont you see where thats abit "odd" :confused:

NS-Icon
09-09-2006, 06:46 PM

- tom

Hi Tom,

If you recall, in the PM I did state that I was not happy about the information I obtained and I requested that you do not advertise this hosting company as I still feel your reviews are self-advertising and not a legitimate client review.

And as Martie has pointed out, so many users find accubursts hosting terrible, except you, usually this is a primary indication of self-advertising. Once again, please stop spamming.

Regards,

SnGnet
10-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Seem like they removed those reviews lol

BobMcIntosh
04-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Hi, I signed up with Accuburst almost a year ago and for the first eight months was delighted with the service, although I had no need to contact technical support. Now I find I can not access my Domain Name, have tried to e-mail Tec. Support; used the Live Chat (Jim did not respond to my request and then left Live Chat after 35 minutes); raised Trouble Tickets; e-mailed Sales all to try and cancel my account and all to no avail. I suppose as a Scot I should have stayed this side of the Altantic, I feel badly let down with Accuburst.

Now this may make you laugh but as my ladyfriend and myself make bondage equipment, I am looking for a reliable hosting company which permits ‘adult content’, any recommendations – and don’t say Accuburst.

Bob

Mark07
04-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Well, i think a host which is good for someone may not be a good choice according to the other as it depends on person to person. There are a lot of different problems which a customer faces and the way the problems are handled and solved depends the competency of the hosting company.