PDA

View Full Version : As a search engine, how would you rate Bing?

thresanresee45
11-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Though I have been reading up on it, Bing isn’t the most popular search engine among users on the internet. It is really surprising and I don’t know why this is happening. It is really good with relevant results and it has a really low bounce rate too. Compared to other search engines, the pages per visit rate are also quite high. Before thinking of overtaking the king of search engines Google, it has quite a long way ahead. Many users have provided it with really bad ratings. Why do you think so? Would you prefer to use Bing for your results?

lythium
12-10-2010, 08:14 AM
No, I wouldn't. Google is still the best and most popular search engine out there (both for SEO purposes and personal searches), and until this will change I won't replace it with neither of the other search engines.
I personally am not a fan of Bing, but they are not so bad. I mean it has a market share of around 8-9 %, which means that it is the third best search engine (after Google and Yahoo). Not so bad, I'm simply not a big fan and just do not plan to shift and replace Google. I have no reason to do that.

staxyu
12-15-2010, 01:39 PM
I love Bing! I see Google is trying to follow their lead by having you customize the homepage, but Bing is more than aesthetics! It has a great engine, displays a lot of relevant content and I love how they give you image results. If you notice Google changed their image results afterwards too. Go for the win Bing!

charlsmith
08-24-2011, 12:56 AM
Though I have been reading up on it, Bing isn’t the most popular search engine among users on the internet. It is really surprising and I don’t know why this is happening. It is really good with relevant results and it has a really low bounce rate too. Compared to other search engines, the pages per visit rate are also quite high. Before thinking of overtaking the king of search engines Google, it has quite a long way ahead. Many users have provided it with really bad ratings. Why do you think so? Would you prefer to use Bing for your results?

According to you, Bing is effective search engine but Google is popular search engine among all search engines.