PDA

View Full Version : Google’s Criteria for Page Rank

jesicawillss
01-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Can you tell me on which basis Google provides Page Rank? And, how can I increase page rank for the web site?

brainpulse
01-25-2011, 03:33 AM
Basic Concept behind the Google PageRank

PageRank is simply the ranking of a web page. Now the question is, what is the ranking of a web page? The ranking of a web page is the "importance" or "value" of a web page. This is the key concept of Google Page Ranking Algorithm - web pages with high value will be ranked higher.
Google interprets a link from page A to page B as a vote, by page A, for page B. But, Google looks at more than the sheer volume of votes or we can say links a page receives; it also analyzes the page that casts the vote. Votes cast by pages that are themselves “important” weigh more heavily and help to make other pages “important”. Very often visitors are only interested in web pages with valued information, in other words, information that is important to them.

Abhinandangarg
01-25-2011, 07:42 AM
PR is all about the link popularity.

quality links + content = PR

WebhostGIANTRob
01-26-2011, 05:44 AM
There are many tips:
- Get Those Inbound Links
- Your Title Tag
- Keyword-laden Links
- ALT tags on Images
- Content-Laden Pages (Keyword Density)

waqas
01-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Page rank of any website reflects the importance of that web page to Google.it can be increase by increasing the number of links and also upgrading the page with health and related content and also the traffic to that web page also pay vital role in page rank.:o

nophp123
01-26-2011, 07:38 AM
Hi,
God know how google do their Algorithm for website PR. As for me mainly due to the good number of backs links and content. However what we concern here is SERP. the higher SERP is the higher position in google search and that is the matter.

charcoal
01-26-2011, 08:34 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank
read this it will explain the basics